The Student Room Group

Southampton GEM A101 / BM4 Applicants for 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HenHam
Was fun today. Think I did ok but it's so hard to tell sometimes...

And so the nervous wait begins!

Nervous wait #2 for me... does that mean double the anxiety, or half because Ive now got double chances...? 🤔

It was a really friendly interview. Nervous wait no3 for me, I think it's 1/3 anxiety because I've got 3 shots. I'd be more nervous if I had one shot.

Where else are you waiting on?
Reply 81
Original post by Scruffy Jack
It was a really friendly interview. Nervous wait no3 for me, I think it's 1/3 anxiety because I've got 3 shots. I'd be more nervous if I had one shot.

Where else are you waiting on?

Leicester A100 - for which there has been a few offers but not many yet, can't stop checking the thread.

I did also have an interview at Bristol for A100, but I'm pretty confident I didn't do well enough so I'm not counting it as a nervous wait.

And interview for Newcastle a101 in a couple weeks time!

What are yours?
Original post by HenHam
Leicester A100 - for which there has been a few offers but not many yet, can't stop checking the thread.

I did also have an interview at Bristol for A100, but I'm pretty confident I didn't do well enough so I'm not counting it as a nervous wait.

And interview for Newcastle a101 in a couple weeks time!

What are yours?

I've had an offer from Manchester. Waiting to hear from Warwick and Soton GEM courses and King's 5 year course.

Good luck on all of your applications. At least February, and maybe March, will be exciting as we wait. April will be boring by comparison.
Reply 83
Ahh congrats on the offer! And good luck with the rest.

I wish I could enjoy this time but at the moment Im so stressed not knowing what I'll be doing with my life in 7 months and beyond.
Anyone interviewing and also flying from newc today?
Dat email by Southampton was cheeeeeeky, nearly **** myself
Original post by uwotuwot

What email
Original post by Rasillon
Anyone interviewing and also flying from newc today?

I’m on the train down from Manchester
Original post by EphemeralP
I’m on the train down from Manchester

3:40 ???
Original post by uwotuwot

Oh yeah almost had a heart attack
3:40 ???

Yup
Yup

Friendddddd Im already here
Friendddddd Im already here

Plenty of time then. I think I have about an hour to get to the interview from the station.
Plenty of time then. I think I have about an hour to get to the interview from the station.

Plenty
Plenty

I get the delight of a coach journey back. Sets off at 6 and gets in at 1:15am 😒
I get the delight of a coach journey back. Sets off at 6 and gets in at 1:15am 😒

I opted for air travel lmao
Reply 96
Oh dear-yesterday was a terrible day :/ I came down with tonsilitis the night before, definitely messed up the panel interview (mine were also definitely not the friendly type), group exercise went well though. Anyway, got a doctors note first thing today...maybe they'll take this into consideration?
Reply 97
Original post by _CATG_
Oh dear-yesterday was a terrible day :/ I came down with tonsilitis the night before, definitely messed up the panel interview (mine were also definitely not the friendly type), group exercise went well though. Anyway, got a doctors note first thing today...maybe they'll take this into consideration?

I felt the same about my panel yesterday! Not what I was expecting at all
Did anyone else's opinion of Southampton change positively from the interview? I'm liking it more and more as a GEM course!
Original post by estelle1919
Did anyone else's opinion of Southampton change positively from the interview? I'm liking it more and more as a GEM course!

Yep - loved it. The BM4 students were a really nice bunch and seemed to be a bit of an older crowd than at the other GEM interview I went to. Loved the panel interview - my interviewers were so friendly and it was just like a having a nice chat.

My view of Southampton was really positively influenced by the open day and then again by the interview. Fingers crossed for offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending