The Student Room Group

Battle of The Arts

Poll

Which is the ultimate art form?

'Creativity' is a vague subject for a forum, and I often struggle to come up with things to post here. So let's keep it simple: which of 'the arts' do you like the most? :biggrin: I'm going by the categories listed on Wikipedia for this, so your choices are as follows:

Visual arts: Drawing, painting, ceramics, photography, sculpture and even architecture, anything you can see or touch really.

Literary arts: Books (fiction or non-fiction), poetry, oral myths and legends passed down through word of mouth.

Performing arts: Music, theater, dance, anything else where the artist themselves is physically part of the show.

Multidisciplinary: Anything which combines the above - opera, classical ballet, performance art etc.

Other arts: Things that may or may not count depending on who you ask - video games, gastronomy, applied arts etc.

None: What are you even doing in Creative Corner? :eviltongue:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Has to be multidisciplinary for me - at least, I assume that's where anime would fall, with visuals, sound and story being equally important. :coma:
Performing Arts all the way.:headbang:
poems...

you do not need cumbersome apparatus....

a poem will last forever.....
Performing arts :love:
Absolutely love all aspects of it, have just finished a run of 6 shows totaling me at 70 shows (or technically 69.5 since at age 5 they wouldn't let us stay for act 2 on a school night!) over 13 years with this company making me the actress who has done most shows with them (someone did 68...)
I could honestly talk about how amazing performing arts are all night so I'll stop now unless someone wants me to continue :colone:
Original post by Lemur14
I'll stop now unless someone wants me to continue :colone:

that's fine thanks Lemur :h:
Original post by the bear
that's fine thanks Lemur :h:

:teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 04MR17
Performing Arts all the way.:headbang:

#iamanautumnleafseehowitwirl
Other:
Art of Chemistry
Art of @PloogleTroogle's degree
Art of History of Art
Art thou Romeo, where

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Art of @PloogleTroogle's degree

aka extreme colouring
Original post by Plagioclase
aka extreme colouring

mhm
Literary. Books are rad.
Congrats @AngryJellyfish, you've made poll of the day.:tongue: :congrats:
Visual art obviously. Like the subject is literally called art
Original post by CoolCavy
Visual art obviously. Like the subject is literally called art

So are performing arts :wink:
Visual art is amazing when people like you do it :yep: Just don't let someone like me near it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Film.

Script + performance + photography

Admittedly there’s mixed results....
Original post by Lemur14
So are performing arts :wink:
Visual art is amazing when people like you do it :yep: Just don't let someone like me near it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Performing arts = drama
Performing arts = drama

Performing arts=more than just drama :yep:
Original post by Lemur14
Performing arts=more than just drama :yep:

performing arts = more than drama i agree like dance and stuff but it's name still isn't art like art is :tongue:
performing arts = more than drama i agree like dance and stuff but it's name still isn't art like art is :tongue:

:giggle: It's a different form of art :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest