The Student Room Group

My housemate walks around naked- I am uncomfortable

Hello,

So I have this American housemate, he seems like an alright guy. BUT I have an issue with the fact he walks around completely naked sometimes. Like he will actually walk into the kitchen without any underwear on, and cook etc.

I personally find it very uncomfortable, and a bit disrespectful the fact he will casually walk around without any underwear whatsoever.

Am I wrong for feeling like this?
How do I confront the issue?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

So I have this American housemate, he seems like an alright guy. BUT I have an issue with the fact he walks around completely naked sometimes. Like he will actually walk into the kitchen without any underwear on, and cook etc.

I personally find it very uncomfortable, and a bit disrespectful the fact he will casually walk around without any underwear whatsoever.

Definitely say something to him about it... That's so inappropriate and disrespectful to you.

Just tell him straight up yo wear some damn underwear at least. You are not wrong for complaining.
You're not right or wrong for feeling like you do but if you're uncomfortable with it, you should say something. I personally don't have any real issue about being naked (as long as there is a clear distinction between sex and nudity) and me my house mate walk about our place in all states of undress but if me doing that made her uncomfortable, I'd want to know and I'd cover up if I knew she was around.
Hello,

It does seem a little weird. You would be fully justified in feeling uncomfortable. Just ask your roommate not to walk around naked and maybe he won't. I'm sure he will understand.
Well, enjoy the view
If you don’t like it, complain to him. If you did not complain, he will continue and regard your silence as an indication of your acceptance of his attitude.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Just wait for the first time some hot fat spits out of the frying pan and hits his gentleman area.

He'll change his tune.
Just tell him he has a tiny pecker. He'll soon cover up.
why does the today on tsr reuse the same thumbnails over and over again :beard:
Reply 9
He cute?

Spoiler

Just look at his d*ck and laugh. Problem solved.
Original post by cat_mac
Just look at his d*ck and laugh. Problem solved.
If this doesn't work, be really obvious about taking pictures of him. When he asks what you're doing, tell him you assumed he was doing it because he wanted the world to see and you thought you'd save him the trouble.
Hello,

Ok, you've come to the right reply hi i'm doctor unknown so looking at your problem I gather two things he either tryna tap you or it's his thing (religious) and imma throw this on the table he could have a mental problem there was once a compelling case of a man who got a lobotomy done on him and it removed his sense of fear causing him to go about his life naked. I mean it's a possibility. Ok please do comment on my advice hopefully it has helped. Btw I see a lot of people telling you to confront him now if it were me I wouldn't confront him that dude all sorts of wrong he might literally be waiting for you to confront him so that he can...... let's not get there. But yeah follow all this and you should be good. I'm doctor unknown the sick individual you can trust. ta-ra.
I understand your predicament....Its really awkward...it will become even more awkward when you tell him to put some clothes on...lol but yeah you are not wrong wanting him to cover up...we have a french fella in my dorm that is like that...it seems like it hasn't even crossed his mind the idea that he's doing anything wrong....it feels like its normal behaviour to him... to the rest of us its not and it shows clearly but i don't think he sees it...lol. it seems people from abroad are a little more blasé about nudity than us here....lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok, you've come to the right reply hi i'm doctor unknown so looking at your problem I gather two things he either tryna tap you or it's his thing (religious) and imma throw this on the table he could have a mental problem there was once a compelling case of a man who got a lobotomy done on him and it removed his sense of fear causing him to go about his life naked. I mean it's a possibility. The other thing is that I'm getting some weird vibes from this dude he seems very odd but like a dangerous odd so stay alert and cautious and you'll be good if he tries something on you try and strike his kidney with blunt force either from an object or your fist and after you caused him serious pain you knock him out with a solarplexis shot or a punch to the space above the nose and in between the eyebrows (preferably the latter cause solareplexis shots have no effect if done improperly). Ok please do comment on my advice hopefully it has helped. Btw I see a lot of people telling you to confront him now if it were me I wouldn't confront him that dude all sorts of wrong he might literally be waiting for you to confront him so that he can...... let's not get there. But yeah follow all this and you should be good. I'm doctor unknown the sick individual you can trust. ta-ra.

And you call HIM odd???
Reply 15
Yea I have a similar predicament with some of the swimmers on my floor. They walk around in underwear and towels, in an all-gender floor... A little disconcerting to say the least. I think the easiest way to resolve this is to ask them to put on some pants...
Hello,

Talk to him about it.
just stop looking down there
why do people seem to think mocking him is an appropriate response? I think that he thinks you don't care as you haven't said anything yet. Just tell him, I guess. Oh, and to all the people that think he's trying to do something sexual, us guys can be a little bullheaded when sex is involved, but we ain't absolutely stupid...
Reply 19
Give his willy a quick tug

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending