The Student Room Group

Best study advice ever here!!!

Hi, I'm in S5 sitting my Highers this years. I made the mistake of not studying enough for my Nat 5's - do not make this mistake! But this year (as I am planning to go to uni next year) I am working my butt off and I'm doing pretty well so far. Here are a few things I do that might help:

- I watch study youtubers like unjadedjade and revision with eve, they're the best!!!! watch their study with me's to get really motivated (I always watch one before I start my study session). They also have videos on how to study for specific subjects - check them out! For maths - DLB maths and Mr Hamilton are two really good youtube channels - they go though maths (and physics ...i think??) past papers and explain them

- look over notes regularly

- simplify your class/ textbook notes and make new ones

- make a study timetable, and remember organisation is key!

- do past papers, be familiar with the exam structure

-Your exams are in May, personally I suggest you start studying now - don't leave anything last min!!

BEST TIP: Go onto SQA's website and look at 'course reports' for the subjects you are studying - those tell you the mistakes people made/ where they did well etc. in the previous years. Which means you can work on the things majority of people struggled with because chances are they'll come up in the exam again

Hope this helped! Good luck!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by pizzalover101
Hi, I'm in S5 sitting my Highers this years. I made the mistake of not studying enough for my Nat 5's - do not make this mistake! But this year (as I am planning to go to uni next year) I am working my butt off and I'm doing pretty well so far. Here are a few things I do that might help:

- I watch study youtubers like unjadedjade and revision with eve, they're the best!!!! watch their study with me's to get really motivated (I always watch one before I start my study session). They also have videos on how to study for specific subjects - check them out! For maths - DLB maths and Mr Hamilton are two really good youtube channels - they go though maths (and physics ...i think??) past papers and explain them

- look over notes regularly

- simplify your class/ textbook notes and make new ones

- make a study timetable, and remember organisation is key!

- do past papers, be familiar with the exam structure

-Your exams are in May, personally I suggest you start studying now - don't leave anything last min!!

BEST TIP: Go onto SQA's website and look at 'course reports' for the subjects you are studying - those tell you the mistakes people made/ where they did well etc. in the previous years. Which means you can work on the things majority of people struggled with because chances are they'll come up in the exam again

Hope this helped! Good luck!!! :smile:

Good to see another person talking about Scottish levels and not GCSE's.

Good luck to you!
Thanks seems useful

Quick Reply

Latest