The Student Room Group

Sciences Po 2018 Intake

Hello everybody,
I have been looking for ages and still couldn't find a forum on Sciences Po 2018 intake so I just got my information based on the 2017 one, but I think we should have one too
So here I am

I'm Marco, italian, I applied to Sciences Po Reims campus through the international procedure. I had my interview on January 19th and I'm still waiting for a final decision.

Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm considering applying to Menton. How did your interview go?
(Do you know whether it is possible to carry out an interview online [ie skype] if it is not possible to travel to one of the interview locations?)
Hi everybody,
my interview went well (I had it in Reims on January 19th), the panel let me speak for my 10 minutes as I was analyzing the article they gave me without interrupting (they were just taking notes). After that, they started asking questions based on the considerations I had made during the analysis, so I suggest mentioning only stuff you're really confident in during your presentation in order to shift the conversation over to that area. They posed 3 or 4 question each, my panel was composed of the admission director, a political philosophy professor and an economics professor; they really want to push you to your limit and see how far you'll go (e.g. during my presentation I commented saying that the author's opinion reflected Plato's view expressed in the 6th book of his "Republic" and they asked questions about it unitl I just didn't know the answer). They make very specific questions and they want concise answers of a minute at the most, but I would say is, even if you don't know the answer, try to argument your thoughts on the general topic of the question, they might lead you to the answer.
Stay updated with the news and most importantly, read the New York Times and the Economist of the days right before your interview; that's where they get the articles from.

I had applied for Reims campus for the Euro American program and I was admitted just a week ago. Hope your interviews go super well! :-)
Original post by marcomenicali
Hi everybody,
my interview went well (I had it in Reims on January 19th), the panel let me speak for my 10 minutes as I was analyzing the article they gave me without interrupting (they were just taking notes). After that, they started asking questions based on the considerations I had made during the analysis, so I suggest mentioning only stuff you're really confident in during your presentation in order to shift the conversation over to that area. They posed 3 or 4 question each, my panel was composed of the admission director, a political philosophy professor and an economics professor; they really want to push you to your limit and see how far you'll go (e.g. during my presentation I commented saying that the author's opinion reflected Plato's view expressed in the 6th book of his "Republic" and they asked questions about it unitl I just didn't know the answer). They make very specific questions and they want concise answers of a minute at the most, but I would say is, even if you don't know the answer, try to argument your thoughts on the general topic of the question, they might lead you to the answer.
Stay updated with the news and most importantly, read the New York Times and the Economist of the days right before your interview; that's where they get the articles from.

I had applied for Reims campus for the Euro American program and I was admitted just a week ago. Hope your interviews go super well! :-)

Congratulations! And thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by Doremi963
Hi, I'm considering applying to Menton. How did your interview go?
(Do you know whether it is possible to carry out an interview online [ie skype] if it is not possible to travel to one of the interview locations?)

Hello Doremi, Same I am currently unable to travel for the interview! Did you contact them via e-mail? If so, did they agree? I am still waiting for their reply
Original post by choccodog0
Hello Doremi, Same I am currently unable to travel for the interview! Did you contact them via e-mail? If so, did they agree? I am still waiting for their reply

Please let me know if they reply! I'll write too if I get any updates...
Deadlines are getting closer and it's getting stressful :s-smilie:
Original post by Doremi963
Please let me know if they reply! I'll write too if I get any updates...
Deadlines are getting closer and it's getting stressful :s-smilie:

Okay sure! Did you receive an offer?
Guys is anyone applying for the Rene Seydoux scholarship?
Hey, my application was declared admissible - does that mean I got an interview?
Reply 8
Original post by Michelle123de
Hey, my application was declared admissible - does that mean I got an interview?

Hi!
Mine was too. Yes, we are admissible, we just have to wait for the interview date.
Where did you applied to?
Original post by SP2018
Hi!
Mine was too. Yes, we are admissible, we just have to wait for the interview date.
Where did you applied to?

Hey, oh that's good news! First choice Reims, 2nd choice Menton, wbu?
Reply 10
Hey, oh that's good news! First choice Reims, 2nd choice Menton, wbu?

First choice Le Havre and 2nd choice Reims! :smile:
Original post by choccodog0

Hey, they finally replied. They said it would be possible to do an online interview, but haven't given any details yet.
Hello everybody,
I have been looking for ages and still couldn't find a forum on Sciences Po 2018 intake so I just got my information based on the 2017 one, but I think we should have one too
So here I am

I'm Marco, italian, I applied to Sciences Po Reims campus through the international procedure. I had my interview on January 19th and I'm still waiting for a final decision.

Anyone?

Hi! I am from Hong Kong and applying for the Sciences Po - HKU dual degree. I've chosen the Reims campus and still waiting for updates from the uni.
Hi everyone,I too applied for the 2018 intake. I wanted to know how long does it take them to review your application ? I submitted mine in Feb and it's been more than a month now, tbh it's pretty nerve-racking :tongue:
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I literally searched every student forum and couldn't find a single thread for the 2018 undergrad intake, except yours !!
Hello everybody,
So here I am

Anyone?
Mine took a little more than a month - submitted on Feb 10th and got the admissable email on march 13th I think. Just stay patient - they will send you an email.
Thank you so much !!!
Mine took a little more than a month - submitted on Feb 10th and got the admissable email on march 13th I think. Just stay patient - they will send you an email.
Heyyy, first of all congratulations !!!
I wanted to know how exactly does one prepare for the interview ? I keep up to date with global events by reading the NYT and WSJ, but I wanted to know what type of articles does the jury exactly give and what is the difficulty level of the questions they ask ?

I would be really grateful if you could help me with this aspect. Thank you so much in advance !!!!

Original post by onefivesixfour
Hi ! I applied for the undergraduate programme at the Reims Campus (my first, and only choice) I submitted my application in Mid-January, received an invitation for an interview on the 31st of January, and had my interview Mid March in Reims :smile: I received an offer yesterday !! If you have any questions about the process, I'm more than happy to answer them. I found the interview incredibly daunting, but it was certainly do-able.
Reply 18
Original post by Vardhan.shaurya
Hi everyone,I too applied for the 2018 intake. I wanted to know how long does it take them to review your application ? I submitted mine in Feb and it's been more than a month now, tbh it's pretty nerve-racking :tongue:

Hi!! I submitted mine in February too and got an answer exactly a month later. But don't panic I think that the date that you chose to have your interview must have something to do, when is it?
Reply 19
Original post by onefivesixfour
Hi ! I applied for the undergraduate programme at the Reims Campus (my first, and only choice) I submitted my application in Mid-January, received an invitation for an interview on the 31st of January, and had my interview Mid March in Reims :smile: I received an offer yesterday !! If you have any questions about the process, I'm more than happy to answer them. I found the interview incredibly daunting, but it was certainly do-able.

It's very good to hear from someone that actually got in hahahaha. Congratulations!! Were you very nervous before the interview? how much time did you had to talk before they started asking questions, I know they say 10min of presentation, but is it really? were the questions difficult or more like interesting to think about? OMG I'm so sorry for all these questions but I'm a bit tense!

Quick Reply

Latest