The Student Room Group

Cambridge Theology Masterclass

Hi guys,

I am planning on attending the Cambridge theology masterclass this weekend but am quite apprehensive about going and would like advice.
I’m coming from a Northern Irish state grammar school, aspiring to study theology at Cambridge and would love to see if anyone else here is going. I’d also really appreciate if people who attended other Cambridge masterclasses gave me feedback on them so I know what to expect on Saturday.

Cheers
I went to History & Politics ones last year.

There's literally nothing to be nervous about - you just sit in a lecture theatre and listen to 2 lectures on the subject, and then a talk/Q and A about applying to Cambridge.
Original post by LeapingLucy
I went to History & Politics ones last year.

There's literally nothing to be nervous about - you just sit in a lecture theatre and listen to 2 lectures on the subject, and then a talk/Q and A about applying to Cambridge.

Thanks for that. Did you find it particularly useful? I’m going out of my way to get there so I certainly hope it is lol
Original post by JAMAL 69
Thanks for that. Did you find it particularly useful? I’m going out of my way to get there so I certainly hope it is lol

The lectures were quite good - I didn't end up mentioning them on my personal statement as they didn't tie in with the stuff I was talking about, but lots of people do mention them.
- I.e. Attending a Cambridge lecture on topic X led me to to learn more about the topic, by reading Book Y... /I was particularly intrigued by issue Z mentioned in the lecture

The applying to Cambridge section was quite good too, though I didn't end up applying there in the end.

I only had to travel an hour by train, so it wasn't as big a deal for me.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending