The Student Room Group

Getting through GCSE's

Hi all.

Recently my school has been deemed one of the worst schools in the UK according to government officials because of the low pass rate of GCSE's. As I have my mocks in mid-March. I was wondering how you all teach yourselves and study and revise, specifically for English, because I find that the hardest to revise for.

Thanks, wish me luck!
Good luck my friend, I go to a great school but we’ll see how I do because it is a lot of stress, my teacher taught us the ‘perfect mindmap’ before which was actually very helpful basically you have the main title in the middle and four sections coming off, each of those sections has a sentence or less of key info/quotes. Be sure to include clear drawings and colour as they are proven to increase your productivity and likeliness to revise. Don’t know if this will help but it is just a thought
Are you in year 10 because I have mocks then aswell?
Original post by Charlyleeds
Good luck my friend, I go to a great school but we’ll see how I do because it is a lot of stress, my teacher taught us the ‘perfect mindmap’ before which was actually very helpful basically you have the main title in the middle and four sections coming off, each of those sections has a sentence or less of key info/quotes. Be sure to include clear drawings and colour as they are proven to increase your productivity and likeliness to revise. Don’t know if this will help but it is just a thought

Thanks. This does help. I have done mindmaps before, but never thought about doing pictures.
Original post by Charlyleeds
Are you in year 10 because I have mocks then aswell?

Yes :smile:
Original post by SillyPig123
Yes :smile:

If you ever need help with GCSEs again you can ask me ( not sure I’ll be able to help but I enjoy it) if you want to, but good luck in your mocks and after that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending