The Student Room Group

I come from the most deprived area in the UK, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by French Sweet Boy
Incroyable! Je crois que tu as des problemes dans la tête!:K:

Tu dois allez chez le medecin.:mute:

You're coming off really bitter in your posts.:erm:

Your indepth analysis of my post was unecessary. Nowhere in my initial post did I intend on being "racist" or "Islamaphobic".

Also my mum is of mediterranean complexion and Algerian. So I don't see how I could possibly be racist?

Anyway have a good day and enjoy your exams.:h:

You can be racist and have non-white parents!
Incroyable! Je crois que tu as des problemes dans la tête!:K:

Tu dois allez chez le medecin.:mute:

You're coming off really bitter in your posts.:erm:

Your indepth analysis of my post was unecessary. Nowhere in my initial post did I intend on being "racist" or "Islamaphobic".

Also my mum is of mediterranean complexion and Algerian. So I don't see how I could possibly be racist?

Anyway have a good day and enjoy your exams.:h:

Also *unnecessary.
You came of as racist and Islamophobic because you are, you said it unconsciously because you think it is okay to think the boys in Newham "dress trashy" or the girls are "ghetto" because 1. Not many people wear designer 2. Most of the populous is Somali/Bangladeshi/Indonesian etc.
Original post by ckfeister
I come from one of the most deprived areas in UK too, Sheerness. Probably one a few who going to university and who won't be stuck on minimum wage jobs. Whats Newham like? All povety and ignorance here, except old people.

Wow! Thanks for sharing
Original post by erratic_deus
Also *unnecessary.
You came of as racist and Islamophobic because you are, you said it unconsciously because you think it is okay to think the boys in Newham "dress trashy" or the girls are "ghetto" because 1. Not many people wear designer 2. Most of the populous is Somali/Bangladeshi/Indonesian etc.

Est-ce que tu est folle? Je dois me sauver. Au secour!:creep:

S'il te plait.:please:

Why are you being so passive aggressive:poke:?

Have I offended you?:mute:

The boys in any hood/ghetto dress with trousers down to their knees, and come across hostile. Which for me is trashy.

And the girls in Newham especially girls who wear the head scarf on their heads use urban lingo. Like "peng", "buff" or "bun", which I find to be ghetto.

Being ghetto has nothing to do with skin colour. I know ghetto white people.

So I am not a racist nor am I Islamaphobic.

Please refain from labelling me for future references, without fully understanding the quote!
You can be racist and have non-white parents!

And to answer your previous accusation. I do live in an affluent part of East london, but that does not mean I look down on the £1 fish man!

It was meant to be taken in jest. It was a light hearted joke.

There was really no need to scrutinise me!:erm:

Honestly what is your problem?
And to answer your previous accusation. I do live in an affluent part of East london, but that does not mean I look down on the £1 fish man!

It was meant to be taken in jest. It was a light hearted joke.

There was really no need to scrutinise me!:erm:

Honestly what is your problem?

stop commenting on my posts.
what "affluent" part of East London are you from?
Original post by French Sweét Boy
Don't tell me what to do!

Thanks for reporting you butters curly headed salope!

You are clearly jealous of me, because you're from an impoverished area!

And I am from South Woodford. It is a small quintessential town in East London

But coming from Newham, I don't think you would know where that is?

And yes I do think the youths of Newham are ghetto.

I know where south woodford is, and it is barely affluent. Only 1 private school.
Also nothing is wrong with having curly hair
I know where south woodford is, and it is barely affluent. Only 1 private school.
Also nothing is wrong with having curly hair

If is not affluent then what would you say it is?

Have you even visited South Wooford?

It has Waitrose, M&S and so many expensive restaurants and shops. Even the owner of Ambala and Chicken Cottage owns a mansion there.

And you will only find white people and no chavs!

Just because it has one private school means nothing.

I think you might be delusional.
True, but the rep he'll get will make it worthwhile.
Area in question is Newham!
Home of the "baiting out skets" videos.
Fire away while I revise for my biology post-mock tomorrow :smile:

Meanwhile in Bow
Im finishing some photograph coursework, when i should be revising for my maths mock tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Shabby33
Meanwhile in Bow
Im finishing some photograph coursework, when i should be revising for my maths mock tomorrow :smile:

Haha! I had 2 biology tests, and I've got geography work due tomorrow!
Haha! I had 2 biology tests, and I've got geography work due tomorrow!

PM me please
PM me please

why
PM me please

The thirst is real in this one!:pepsi:
why

talk about 419

jk i wanted to discuss our grades
No one really fights. Its usually a matter of who gets a knife out first. Which is why I go straight home from school + I don't go out on weekends

Whoa, sounds well ruff.
Reply 76
I'm talking about towns.
Also it isn't a competition.

First of all never said it was a competition mate no need to get all defensive.
was simply pointing out that Newham in the grand scheme of thing isnt actually a particulally deprived area of the country and certainly isnt the most deprived like your OP said.
Also "poor for London" isnt particulaly a problem I know people particulaly up here in the North who would be over thye moon to be on £18G a year.
eyewrthysx
(edited 6 years ago)
OP I seriously was not tryna argue with you, sorry it came off that way. But it just does my head in when Londoners forget about the rest of the country. Favouritism for London is why the rest of the UK has been massively neglected, and why places outside of London are actually more deprived.

There's almost 5000 homeless people kipping outside storefronts in Brighton now, and it saddens and kinda angers me that you'd say Newham. I was just pointing out that clearly it would suit everyone well to know the facts. Anyways have a nice weekend love, didnt mean no harm.

Quick Reply

Latest