The Student Room Group

learning english

Hey guys. I am learning English. Do you have any advice for to be fluent and websites? What is important the grammar? Thanks for your help.
"memorise" is a good app to use with languages (I've just started using it for Korean and Arabic) .
The English language is annoying to learn (its my original language and I still don't know how to explain our "rules" of the language)

Good luck!
the problem with the English language is that we have multiple words which sound the same, can even look the same but mean different things and even people who have English as their first language mix them up.
Reply 3
Original post by MorgzC
"memorise" is a good app to use with languages (I've just started using it for Korean and Arabic) .
The English language is annoying to learn (its my original language and I still don't know how to explain our "rules" of the language)

Good luck!

thank you. Good luck with Arabic and Korean. I have studied Arabic. English is easier than Arabic for me.
Reply 4
Original post by RuthieG101
the problem with the English language is that we have multiple words which sound the same, can even look the same but mean different things and even people who have English as their first language mix them up.

yes, you are right. for example through and thought:smile: I confuse those.
most people mistake

there they're their
knew new
these are the ones I hate to read.
Reply 6
Original post by RuthieG101
most people mistake

there they're their
knew new
these are the ones I hate to read.

I will be careful. We don't mistake them usually but speaking and making sentences is hard for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending