The Student Room Group

Taking A2 exams early.

In year 12 I did 5/6 of my maths exams. 2 of which were A2 exams. I held back core 4.

I applied for uni this year and was accepted by them all. But I’m not 100% on my course and who knows if I’ll reject it and take a gap year and reapply for another course.

Does anyone know whether many unis will have an issue with the fact I sat A2 exams in year 12/ AS year? Does the fact that it won’t be completed until this summer (when I sit core 4) help? Just worried that I will apply next year and there will be an issue and I’ll never get into a uni.

At the moment I have applied for natural sciences but there are various courses I was considering. Including Accounting and finance and even medicine😂😭

The reason I took them early was I intended to do AS further maths this year along with core 4, but it was stressful and all the universities told me pretty much they didn’t care about it. I attended all the lessons but never did homework or revised so it would be a lot to learn in time for the exam.
Reply 1
Original post by A*my
In year 12 I did 5/6 of my maths exams. 2 of which were A2 exams. I held back core 4.

I applied for uni this year and was accepted by them all. But I’m not 100% on my course and who knows if I’ll reject it and take a gap year and reapply for another course.

Does anyone know whether many unis will have an issue with the fact I sat A2 exams in year 12/ AS year? Does the fact that it won’t be completed until this summer (when I sit core 4) help? Just worried that I will apply next year and there will be an issue and I’ll never get into a uni.

At the moment I have applied for natural sciences but there are various courses I was considering. Including Accounting and finance and even medicine😂😭

The reason I took them early was I intended to do AS further maths this year along with core 4, but it was stressful and all the universities told me pretty much they didn’t care about it. I attended all the lessons but never did homework or revised so it would be a lot to learn in time for the exam.

Help plsssss
Original post by A*my

Presumably you cashed in your AS? If you aren't retaking any of them then it doesn't matter - just sit C4. Did you get high UMS for C3?
Original post by A*my

Nobody would mind, as long as the difference between your first AS exam and final A Level exam is 2 academic years
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Presumably you cashed in your AS? If you aren't retaking any of them then it doesn't matter - just sit C4. Did you get high UMS for C3?

Yes I got 99 UMS for core 3. Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest