The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No and even if they did, I can certainly say that they just want your loan money.
Original post by thomaso_98
I want to apply for university again but only have DDD and just wondered if anyone knows of people that have gotten such low grades and been offered a place

Are these A level grades?What degree are you looking to study? Many unis will let you on a Foundation year with DD.

Try putting grades and course into here:
https://university.which.co.uk/courses
My friend's boyfriend got in with D's but it wasn't a good university, especially for what career he wants in the future.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Are these A level grades?What degree are you looking to study? Many unis will let you on a Foundation year with DD.

Try putting grades and course into here:
https://university.which.co.uk/courses

Yeah it's a levels have 10 gcses c above as well and i don't know depends what course they can offer me
Reply 5
Original post by NiamhWilliams24
My friend's boyfriend got in with D's but it wasn't a good university, especially for what career he wants in the future.

Yeah thought as much to be honest. I have been to uni before but dropped out due to disliking the course got an unconditional offer hense my grades sliding way down
why not retake it , did u have any extenuating circumstances during your exams
Reply 7
I would but that's two whole years of studying again and by some miracle I can get in with these grades I may as well save myself some time
Original post by Ray_Shadows
why not retake it , did u have any extenuating circumstances during your exams
I want to apply for university again but only have DDD and just wondered if anyone knows of people that have gotten such low grades and been offered a place

Even if they did don’t you think university will be a little too hard for you? Especially since your grades are pretty low?
Reply 9
No as I was in uni last year and was getting 60% in ysj uni and my grades are so low as I'd an unconditional offer and just didn't care after I accepted the offer
Original post by TheDreamWeaver
Even if they did don’t you think university will be a little too hard for you? Especially since your grades are pretty low?
No as I was in uni last year and was getting 60% in ysj uni and my grades are so low as I'd an unconditional offer and just didn't care after I accepted the offer

Decide on a few subjects and search on Foundation years - seriously you can get into a decent uni. Ignore the silly comments ...

You “just didn’t care” not really the attitude to have...

This isn't always the case my friend got CDD in his A levels but got into Keele through clearing and graduated last year with a 1st in physics with astrophysics =)
Original post by Muttley79
Decide on a few subjects and search on Foundation years - seriously you can get into a decent uni. Ignore the silly comments ...

Are you saying my comment is silly?
Reply 14
Not looking a lecture kiddo I was 18 and enjoyed the occasional beverage and found something called sex. As I said was hitting 60% in university just didn't like the course so dropped out
You “just didn’t care” not really the attitude to have...
Yeah it's a levels have 10 gcses c above as well and i don't know depends what course they can offer me

I'd say your main problem is not knowing what course to do. The subject is absolutely the most important thing to decide about going to uni - much more than which university. Don't apply to anything until you've decided which subject is it you're really interested in studying for 3 years.

If you want to go to a decent uni, you probably want to look at foundation courses, some of which would probably take you.

Another question to ask yourself is why you want to try university again. If you don't know what subject you're interested in then presumably you don't have a specific career in mind, so what exactly do you want to get out of a degree?
Reply 16
There are some foundation courses that accept DDD but you have to do a foundation year so 1 year of learning the basics.
Reply 17
I've heard about clearing think if all else fails I'll hopefully get something I want through that thank you
Original post by Anagogic
This isn't always the case my friend got CDD in his A levels but got into Keele through clearing and graduated last year with a 1st in physics with astrophysics =)
Original post by Anagogic

No but it could be the case for this particular situation.
Not looking a lecture kiddo I was 18 and enjoyed the occasional beverage and found something called sex. As I said was hitting 60% in university just didn't like the course so dropped out

I’m not giving you a lecture sunshine, you sound like one of those dossers who go to university to waste time and come away with nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending