The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Controlled Assessment?

Hi everyone :smile:

So basically, at my school my maths class has moved onto GCSE Statistics having completed the maths GCSE early. However, we're moving at a snail's pace and we don't have a very good teacher at all but we have no choice but to go forward with Stats. *sigh*

Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody has done the statistics controlled assessment before? Also, is there a particular structure that you can follow when writing the plan etc? We're due to start the write up after half term and we've only had one extremely vague lesson on it...

Any guidance at all would be extremely appreciated! :biggrin:

Edit - I forgot to mention, the 'theme' for the CA is time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey,

I think I have a copy of my Edexcel Statistics coursework from 2 years ago on a different topic, in which I got a high A.

To be honest, courseworks are marked very harshly; I gave it my all and expected an A*, but it's really hard to get. Therefore, I focused more on the exam to get my A*
Reply 2
yes same i have the same coursework and i really need a lot of help!
Reply 3
Original post by ps1265A
Hey,

I think I have a copy of my Edexcel Statistics coursework from 2 years ago on a different topic, in which I got a high A.

To be honest, courseworks are marked very harshly; I gave it my all and expected an A*, but it's really hard to get. Therefore, I focused more on the exam to get my A*

can i please get copy of your statistics coursework, i really need a lot of help as my teacher has been changed and I'm having a lot of trouble with the one i have now.
Reply 4
Original post by ps1265A
Hey,

Hey, I'm about to start my Contolled assessment too and my teachers really bad and slow, could I possible get a copy of your Statistics coursework - I REALLY need the help... Thanks
Reply 5
Hii... im not sure if you still have a copy of your coursework, but if you do i woud appreciate it so much if you give me a copy as we only have a english supply to teach us statistics.

You can have mine too if you want... Not sure if it was an A or an A*... I did mine last year on the topic cars... It's all about getting those A* graphs and calculations in... I don't really remember that much about it so I can't help too much... Our teacher didn't really understand the controlled assessment either so I know the position you are in! I had no idea what to do! Maybe you could ask a different teacher at your school... That's what I did and she helped so much more than my teacher! If you have any questions, I can help if I can remember :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by #sarahsmith2
You can have mine too if you want... Not sure if it was an A or an A*... I did mine last year on the topic cars... It's all about getting those A* graphs and calculations in... I don't really remember that much about it so I can't help too much... Our teacher didn't really understand the controlled assessment either so I know the position you are in! I had no idea what to do! Maybe you could ask a different teacher at your school... That's what I did and she helped so much more than my teacher! If you have any questions, I can help if I can remember :smile:

Oh my god yes please!! thanks so much :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by #sarahsmith2

It would be so amazing if you could send me a copy by monday please!!
Original post by ps1265A
Hey,

Please can i have a copy of it also as we are just starting our coursework now and have had no lessons on it but only have six to complete it- need to see structure although obviously we have a different theme- thanks so much
Reply 10
Hello,I'm doing my controlled assessment at the moment and I am really stuck. The teacher hasn't explained clearly to us about the task/procedure. So, is it okay if some one can show me a copy of your coursework or any guidance.
Original post by ps1265A
Hey,

Hi, could you please send me a copy. I finished mine ages ago, but my nerves are killing me and I just wanna how I did by comparing it with ur A* model!(I feel your pain!)
Reply 12
Fuk stats
Please don't share coursework ...

Look at the exam board website for examples and the marking criteria.
Original post by ps1265A
Hey,

Hey,

Could you send me a copy of your coursework? I would help greatly.
I am doing GCSE stats this year but my teacher is v bad.

Thanks.
hi i know that your 1 is considerably outdated now but could you please also send me a copy
Oh wow this thread still exists XD The nostalgia...
I NEED HELP WITH MY STATS CA SOON PLEASE (we start plan tmorrow)
Original post by 13tabedin
i need help with my stats ca soon please (we start plan tmorrow)

same. Gp waiting times????
Original post by 13ewiggins
same. Gp waiting times????

No, we have water as our topic um started calculations now

Quick Reply

Latest