The Student Room Group

Applying to LSE finance with a poor GPA, having passed CFA 2, and a 720+ GMAT

Hi Guys, I'm looking at applying to an LSE finance program despite my poor performance in undergrad (from which I graduated in 2015)

In terms of work experience, I am one of the first employees at a successful startup that will be going through Series A in the next few months. At the startup, I have progressed into increasingly more significant roles, and am confident that my CEO will provide a strong reference. Additionally, I have volunteer fundraising experience for a charity that I currently work with.

What I am wondering is whether or not I can overcome a poor undergrad performance by having a very strong GMAT, and having passed L2 (or possibly L3) of the CFA exams + a strong resume.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by adamwill1113
Hi Guys, I'm looking at applying to an LSE finance program despite my poor performance in undergrad (from which I graduated in 2015)

In terms of work experience, I am one of the first employees at a successful startup that will be going through Series A in the next few months. At the startup, I have progressed into increasingly more significant roles, and am confident that my CEO will provide a strong reference. Additionally, I have volunteer fundraising experience for a charity that I currently work with.

What I am wondering is whether or not I can overcome a poor undergrad performance by having a very strong GMAT, and having passed L2 (or possibly L3) of the CFA exams + a strong resume.

Thanks in advance!

You need to ask LSE directly. They are the experts on what is considered for admissions.
Original post by PQ
You need to ask LSE directly. They are the experts on what is considered for admissions.

Hi thank you for the response. I've considered doing that, however I doubt LSE admissions will provide a terribly insightful answer. I would expect something along the lines of "We value academics very highly, but encourage you to apply anyways".

What I am looking for is more so the qualitative assessment of whether or not I have a realistic shot.
Original post by adamwill1113
Hi thank you for the response. I've considered doing that, however I doubt LSE admissions will provide a terribly insightful answer. I would expect something along the lines of "We value academics very highly, but encourage you to apply anyways".

What I am looking for is more so the qualitative assessment of whether or not I have a realistic shot.

You think they’ll encourage you to apply if you don’t have a chance? They’re not stupid enough to encourage you to give them extra work for no reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending