The Student Room Group

Pineapple on pizza, Yay or Nay?

Poll

Pineapple on pizza

It's national pizza day today, wooooo!!

So, I thought I'd pose the age old debate, is pineapple on pizza delicious or disgusting?

Personally I don't mind a bit of pineapple on my pizza, quite tasty I think!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Danny Dorito
It's national pizza day today, wooooo!!

So, I thought I'd pose the age old debate, is pineapple on pizza delicious or disgusting?

Personal I don't mind a bit of pineapple on my pizza, quite tasty I think!

We've had this debate already...
Don't eat pizza
Original post by IDOZ
We've had this debate already...

I know, but we've also had multiple threads around whether Brexit was a good idea and to me their similar issues in terms of seriousness. Plus it's national pizza day and people may have change their minds.
Hawaiian is my favourite pizza so I say HELL YEAH to pineapples on pizza. It's hardly the abomination of the century...artichokes and pizza on the other hand? Bleurgh! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I know, but it's national pizza day. Also people may have change their minds.

You know, I'm just starting to think if there isn't a day that isn't "National ______ day"
Joking -_-

I ate pizza yesterday 😭😭😭😭

But pineapple on pizza is something I have never been able to understand tis yuck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hawaiian pizza best pizza
I know, but we've also had multiple threads around whether Brexit was a good idea and to me their similar issues tbf. Plus it's national pizza day and people may have change their minds.

Plus tsr has been around such a long time practically no thread is going to be original by this point
Nay. But i love pizzazazaa. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by IDOZ
You know, I'm just starting to think if there isn't a day that isn't "National ______ day"

No, there isn't...every day is a National ____ day.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/
Yes!
Reply 12
I just like the fact that I'm now free to order anchovies on a pizza without anyone throwing a fit because at least it's not pineapple
Reply 13
Oh yes. Every time.
Original post by Tubbz
I just like the fact that I'm now free to order anchovies on a pizza without anyone throwing a fit because at least it's not pineapple

Anchovie and pineapple pizza :drool:
Reply 15
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Anchovie and pineapple pizza :drool:

That sounds so good right now
Nay! Pineapple on pizza is a sin against pizza.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Pineapple pizza haters are, for the most part, pseudo food snobs.

It's all in the execution.

If you're eating a soggy pie, obviously you're not going to enjoy a wet wedge of pineapple on it.

Prosciutto pairs well with melon and that's generally well accepted. I don't see pineapple with parma ham on a pizza as too much of a stretch.

So long as it's properly grilled and not wetting the pizza, it's fine. Same with courgette or aubergine slices.

There are also people who'll scream bloody murder over creme fraiche on pizza, when it's actually delicious. Traditionally, it's used in flammkuchen (tarte flambée), which is almost a pizza, except that it's incredibly thin and it's dough is made out of only water, flour and some salt (though some recipes call for some oil). At any rate, creme fraiche with onions and lardons or smoked salmon is amazing.

And pineapple on pizza is a-ok. Magnus Nilsson and his two Michelin stars clearly don't have a problem with it.

My guess is the people who absolutely hate it have a biological predisposition against it, like the people who can't stand coriander.
Pineapple is great on everything! Pizza with pineapple is fine and tasty
:cookie:

Though my favourite thing for cooked pineapple to be on is my mums honey glazed gammon ham :drool:
Mmm...a hawaiian pizza would go down a treat right now.

Quick Reply

Latest