The Student Room Group

Labour discussing plans to include trans women on women only shortlists

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrew97
Just for balance. George Osbourne should have lost his editor job over his Theresa May freezer comments

he will be frozen out :teehee:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Time will tell.

If we do look back unfavourably it will be because we slided back into Fascism -___-

As if you support women shortlists :rofl:

You don;t even like Labour. Why are we gonna listen to you when managing our internal affairs?

It depends what it is for, if it is needed or for something that is women only like womens football or needing a female cast member then that is fine.

I am not asking Labour to listen to me, funny you use "our" like you have really any part to do with internal affairs.
Original post by the bear
he will be frozen out :teehee:

He did always come across as being rather chilling.
Original post by AperfectBalance

I am not asking Labour to listen to me, funny you use "our" like you have really any part to do with internal affairs.

I vote in internal elections. I helped the left slate win the NEC election recently (which inccidently have influence over stuff like whether trans women be in women shortlists).

Original post by AperfectBalance
It depends what it is for, if it is needed or for something that is women only like womens football or needing a female cast member then that is fine.

Those are not shortlist. By definition they have to be female to make sense.

A women shortlist is a number of roles that have to go to women in an area where both men and women can apply.
(edited 6 years ago)
I vote in internal elections. I helped the left slate win the NEC election recently (which inccidently have influence over stuff like whether trans women be in women shortlists).

Those are not shortlist. By definition they have to be female to make sense.

A women shortlist is a number of roles that have to go to women in an area where both men and women can apply.

You have about as much say in the internal affairs as one single voter has in the GE, not much.

Yes they are shortlists, and no by definition you are wrong. I dont support women only shortlists in politics and in many areas since they are sexist
Reply 45
Original post by Kaffee_1998
Surely you are being sarcastic?

No. I was being entirely honest and entirely insincere. I hope Labour does go ahead with TransShortlists et al and go down the progresssive runaway train of madness hopefully never to return to normal politics

:troll::troll:
(edited 6 years ago)
seems logical to me, don't get why this is an issue?
Reply 47

You don;t even like Labour. Why are we gonna listen to you when managing our internal affairs?

because it's a political party, not some sort of club, therefore any UK citizen is able to comment on the party and suggest things to it?
Original post by cat_mac
I’m aware of all of those things you’ve stated but thanks for the lesson. Of the 75 prime ministers we’ve had, 2 have been female. Things are improving, doesn’t mean it’s all equal now we’ve had a few woman be successful.

People vote for someone based on their merits not on their gender!
Anyway, tell me a woman who has led the Labour Party
Non-white leader from Labour? I'm still waiting. What a progressive party!
Original post by Moonblaster11
Non-white leader from Labour? I'm still waiting. What a progressive party!

Labour is too into identity politics to actually be progressive even though people list identity politics under the label progressive but then again we have fascists calling themselves anti fascists😂
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by VGM
because it's a political party, not some sort of club, therefore any UK citizen is able to comment on the party and suggest things to it?

Well yeah. But why should it's members listen to those who want it to fail?
Other countires already do this stuff and it doesn't cause any problems.

Just like with the gay laws, poeple of the future will look back on all of this and wonder just exactly all the fuss was about.

People of the future will look in horror at what parents are doing, allow being done, to their kids based on trans lobby groups. When the more and more thousands of kids being giving hormonal therapy and surgery live into adulthood and start having regrets and problems and health problems, etc.

ps likening this to "the gay laws" is the exact same tactic when TRAs misappropriate intersex. It's not the same thing. Every day more and more people #peaktrans
Well yeah. But why should it's members listen to those who want it to fail?

They should follow what they preach
Original post by yudothis
People of the future will look in horror at what parents are doing, allow being done, to their kids based on trans lobby groups. When the more and more thousands of kids being giving hormonal therapy and surgery live into adulthood and start having regrets and problems and health problems, etc.

ps likening this to "the gay laws" is the exact same tactic when TRAs misappropriate intersex. It's not the same thing. Every day more and more people #peaktrans

You accuse me of being nothing more than a twitter warrior and then go on and use a hashtag. Projection much? :rofl:
Original post by cat_mac
““What if men pretend to be trans to get a seat?” is the last refuge of the desperate. Politics is already a game rigged for incompetent white men how would such a man benefit from posing as a trans woman?” a great point by Shon Faye :hahaha:

By being in the spotlight in the first place for being a minority. Do you think the loser Liam Madigan would have done anything in politics with his Jimmy Saville rape jokes and crying how men not attending women's race for life is akin to racism, but Lily Madigan is this amazing pioneer of trans rights? Who as a women's officer spends 70% of the time talking about "me me me", 29% of the time talking about trans rights, and maybe 1% actually tweeting something about women (mind you, certainly not ever actually debating it). Also Shon Faye :rolleyes: what a sick human being. In every sense of the work, sick as in terrible/evil and as in mentally ill.
You accuse me of being nothing more than a twitter warrior and then go on and use a hashtag. Projection much? :rofl:

If that's what you took from that, then I think it's quite clear who is projecting.
Original post by Trinculo
Because it isn't normal.

so?
Time will tell.

If we do look back unfavourably it will be because we slided back into Fascism -___-

Ironic, there is no political movement more fascist right now than liberals and SJWs, and especially the TRA subset. Violently disrupting talks held by people of different political opinions is exactly what the SA was created for. They went around town, to political gathering of opponents of the NSDAP and disrupted their events, beating them up if they could.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending