The Student Room Group

Do Boys and Girls Mature at a different Age?

Some studies have suggested that Boys and Girls attain maturity at different ages. Girls mature around age 16 and boys mature around the age of 25.
Do you agree?
There is a small difference in when men and women achieve full sexual maturity. Like most mammals, the female matures first, but it's only about a year in humans.

If you mean something other than physical maturity or adult size, it's just subjective waffle.
There is sexual maturity and there is mental maturity. The distinction between right and wrong and wisdom.
I think girls mature emotionally earlier than boys.
It's the reason I've always found it ironic that a 15 year old girl having sexual relations with 30 year old man is always seen as worse than a 15 year old boy having sexual relations with a 30 year old woman.
Lucky bugger, etc etc is what you often see on threads yet it is the boys that are more likely to be emotionally more scarred.
Both situations are equally wrong obviously.
In terms of me and my boy friend it's a whole different story because we're both 18 years old yet my level of maturity is of a 13 year old while his level of maturity is that of a 80 year old. :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by AB710344
Some studies have suggested that Boys and Girls attain maturity at different ages. Girls mature around age 16 and boys mature around the age of 25.
Do you agree?

No, everyone is different. Everyone grows up at different ages.
Original post by Anonymous
In terms of me and my boy friend it's a whole different story because we're both 18 years old yet my level of maturity is of a 13 year old while his level of maturity is that of a 80 year old. :s-smilie:

It is my observation that when two 18 year old boy and girl form a relationship, it only lasts a few years. It is unlikely that you both will be together when you are both 50.
Original post by AB710344
It is my observation that when two 18 year old boy and girl form a relationship, it only lasts a few years. It is unlikely that you both will be together when you are both 50.

Do you have any concrete evidence to prove that? I mean for starters you know nothing about our individual personalities and the level of commitment we have to each other so I'm just curious as to how YOU can simply say that!
Original post by Anonymous
Do you have any concrete evidence to prove that? I mean for starters you know nothing about our individual personalities and the level of commitment we have to each other so I'm just curious as to how YOU can simply say that!

I did use the word unlikely. You can prove me wrong. Best of luck to both of you.

Quick Reply

Latest