The Student Room Group

Do you believe in ghosts?

Post any experiences you may have had, be serious!

Will bump at night time when it's darker

👻

Scroll to see replies

100%
I watched a family member get possesed. And i swear to god, when they spoke, it was not just one voice but two. Horror movies dont exaggerate that much. This **** is real.
Reply 2
i dont believe in them but i do think the people who have had these 'experiences' fabricate them.
sorry
Reply 3
Maybe I'll start a religion called Ghostology
Original post by Anonymous
Post any experiences you may have had, be serious!

Will bump at night time when it's darker

👻

Load of codswallop.
Yes, I do believe in ghosts. I'm not expecting you to believe me but I saw one in my living room once.

*Additionally, I believe my bedroom is haunted. While I've never seen anything, I had bangs on my door last August. It wasn't any of my family as they were all downstairs. The bangs would happen at night and they'd only happen when I was the only one upstairs. My current room has been occupied by several siblings and my sister apparently had her hand held by something in that room when she was little. And when my brother was younger, he apparently felt something touch him too.

I'm not high on anything. I have no reason to lie about this stuff. Ghosts don't bother me anyway. It's poltergeists you need to beware of.

* The houses in my area are built over old mine pits so perhaps they're all haunted to an extent
Reply 6
Original post by Know Your Enemy
Yes, I do believe in ghosts. I'm not expecting you to believe me but I saw one in my living room once.

*Additionally, I believe my bedroom is haunted. While I've never seen anything, I had bangs on my door last August. It wasn't any of my family as they were all downstairs. The bangs would happen at night and they'd only happen when I was the only one upstairs. My current room has been occupied by several siblings and my sister apparently had her hand held by something in that room when she was little. And when my brother was younger, he apparently felt something touch him too.

I'm not high on anything. I have no reason to lie about this stuff. Ghosts don't bother me anyway. It's poltergeists you need to beware of.

* The houses in my area are built over old mine pits so perhaps they're all haunted to an extent

Wow that's intense, did you hear anything else other than the bangs?
Wow that's intense, did you hear anything else other than the bangs?

Nope...just a bang. I don't get why I only experienced them for a month.
Reply 8
Nope...just a bang. I don't get why I only experienced them for a month.

Maybe someone was living in your attic haha. Try an ouiji board!
Maybe someone was living in your attic haha. Try an ouiji board!

I am prone to making some really irresponsible/stupid decisions, but trying an ouiji board will never be one.
I am prone to making some really irresponsible/stupid decisions, but trying an ouiji board will never be one.

You are wise.
You are wise.

I wish. :laugh:

Creepy Uncle Peter, I suspect

As a Christian i believe in the Holy Ghost.
Wonder why the concluding bit of my post is quoted from Anonymous...
(edited 6 years ago)

I believe you. Similar has happened to me including knocking on my window at late hours several times over a month or so.

There was another strange one being that when I was sat in my room alone upstairs and making no noise (I'm sure of it), my sister or dad would sometimes come rushing upstairs saying they'd heard a large bang coming directly above from my room and asking whether I was okay. This happened multiple times which baffled me and I was so adamant that it was not me, especially since I remember once sitting there studying in silence, no music or earphones, no knocking about.

I've also experienced single water droplets falling from nowhere onto me at night and it wasn't a ceiling leak. This happened twice and I told my bf about it who believed it because we also experienced it happening to him in a different part of the house (always at night idk why).
I believe that people who see, hear or otherwise experience ghosts are sincere, and that they are experiencing something that seems like ghosts. However I assume that these are hallucinations of some kind. Hallucinations seem real. That's the point. The more we learn about the mind and consciousness, the more we understand how little control we have, and how much stuff goes on that we're not at all aware of. Perfectly healthy humans aren't sane all the time either. We can have temporary insanity from time to time, e.g. when overwhelmed with stress, or sleep deprived, and so on.
demons are real folks. world is not all about science, it's about the spirits too
Demons exist,I can assure you that much.

Quick Reply

Latest