The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hi! Ive finally chosen my Firm Uni and want to start student finance, mainly as i'd like to apply for accommodation ASAP. It opens on March the 5th to apply for what accommodation I would like. I need to know if you need to have your maintenance loan to apply for accommodation or if you just need the £350 deposit to put down?

Thank you!
Original post by graceeoliviaa
Hi! Ive finally chosen my Firm Uni and want to start student finance, mainly as i'd like to apply for accommodation ASAP. It opens on March the 5th to apply for what accommodation I would like. I need to know if you need to have your maintenance loan to apply for accommodation or if you just need the £350 deposit to put down?

Thank you!

You don’t need your loan to apply for accommodation (and you won’t get your loan until a week or so after you move in so you’ll need to budget to pay any deposit and first instalment from your own funds).

Be wary of accommodation asking for a deposit this early. Find out what happens if you don’t meet your offer or decide to go to a different university. If they keep the deposit then that’s a massive ripoff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending