The Student Room Group

Why do people pretend that Trump isn't doing a good job?

He's delivered on virtually all his ambitions
Tax Cuts
GDP growth
Stock Market Confidence
Immigration Security
ISIS territory in decline

He commands the support of millions of marginalised people, contemporary journalism is completely out of touch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperTutor9000
Tax Cuts
GDP growth
Stock Market Confidence
Immigration Security

He commands the support of millions of marginalised people, contemporary journalism is completely out of touch

Why would ppl pretend when they have acc have a view on him? No one pretends when it comes to Trump
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Why would ppl pretend when they have acc have a view on him? No one pretends when it comes to Trump[/

The majority of coverage on him is negative. That frames public debate in a context that is detached from political reality. When Trump does something good its either bad news or no news, when he fails its good news. This is twisted
Whether you like or dislike Trump should not influence your opinion on his job performance unless you are a communist who does not want capitalist growth
His controversy masks his successes. He is a strong character, that provokes a strong opposition.
[QUOTE="SuperTutor9000;76024308"]
Why would ppl pretend when they have acc have a view on him? No one pretends when it comes to Trump[/

The majority of coverage on him is negative. That frames public debate in a context that is detached from political reality. When Trump does something good its either bad news or no news, when he fails its good news. This is twisted
Whether you like or dislike Trump should not influence your opinion on his job performance unless you are a communist who does not want capitalist growth

Thats your own opinion, go like Trump, like no one gives a crap, but if ppl dont like him then they dont, they have their own reasons for it
[QUOTE="TheGirlFelonXxXx;76024364"]

Thats your own opinion, go like Trump, like no one gives a crap, but if ppl dont like him then they dont, they have their own reasons for it

No, the fact that the economy is doing well is not an opinion it is a fact.
[QUOTE="SuperTutor9000;76024378"]

No, the fact that the economy is doing well is not an opinion it is a fact.

I dont live in America, so why would I care?
[QUOTE="TheGirlFelonXxXx;76024392"]

I dont live in America, so why would I care?

Because the US economy affects the entire world and post brexit we are more dependent on them than ever....
[QUOTE="SuperTutor9000;76024404"]

Because the US economy affects the entire world and post brexit we are more dependent on them than ever....

Yh the British government are dependent on them, not me
Are you one of the Trump supporters?
He’s doing good at being a **** president
[QUOTE="TheGirlFelonXxXx;76024422"]

Yh the British government are dependent on them, not me
Are you one of the Trump supporters?

Ok, if you want to pretend your life is not influenced by politics enjoy being ignorant. I am not a Trump supporter, I am a supporter of honest reporting which doesn't take place anymore
Original post by FloralLuxe
He’s doing good at being a **** president

Can you support that with evidence and logic or are you just a loser doing nothing with your life who takes pleasure in insulting people who are?
Tax Cuts
GDP growth
Stock Market Confidence
Immigration Security

ISIS were already in full retreat when Trump took over from Obama, to the point where their defeat as a physical "caliphate" was inevitable. Trump cannot claim credit for any of it, he took over as the job was nearly finished.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
ISIS were already in full retreat when Trump took over from Obama, to the point where their defeat as a physical "caliphate" was inevitable. Trump cannot claim credit for any of it, he took over as the job was nearly finished.

That is not true. ISIS have lost more territory this year than any other year because he commanded more drone strikes.
Obama was the only President to never surpass 2% GDP growth. TRUMP did this immediately. The stock markets soared after his election and first legislative victory. Pretending Obama is responsible for Trump's victories is a strawman argument that cannot withstand basic scrutiny. And I like Obama, he was a good President, but I don't go claiming Bush killed Binladen.
[QUOTE="SuperTutor9000;76024492"]

Ok, if you want to pretend your life is not influenced by politics enjoy being ignorant. I am not a Trump supporter, I am a supporter of honest reporting which doesn't take place anymore

Did you not undertsand anything i said, why would i be pretending, like im not bored with my life, I dont spend my time thinking how good of a president Trump is bcuz he aint but carry on thinking that
[QUOTE="TheGirlFelonXxXx;76024588"]

Did you not undertsand anything i said, why would i be pretending, like im not bored with my life, I dont spend my time thinking how good of a president Trump is bcuz he aint but carry on thinking that

A: Hey I think mainstream views are out of touch because of (LOGIC/EVIDENCE)

B: Trump sucks and why should I care

You don't have much experience debating do you? Go away lol
[QUOTE="SuperTutor9000;76024718"]

A: Hey I think mainstream views are out of touch because of (LOGIC/EVIDENCE)

B: Trump sucks and why should I care

You don't have much experience debating do you? Go away lol

And why would I need experience in debating? Like its not a current hobby or anything, I watch the News and have my own opinions and views, I dont need debating skills to show that
That is not true. ISIS have lost more territory this year than any other year because he commanded more drone strikes.
Obama was the only President to never surpass 2% GDP growth. TRUMP did this immediately. The stock markets soared after his election and first legislative victory. Pretending Obama is responsible for Trump's victories is a strawman argument that cannot withstand basic scrutiny. And I like Obama, he was a good President, but I don't go claiming Bush killed Binladen.

ISIS have lost more territory this year than any other because they were already pretty much defeated, had lost most of their strongholds, and could no longer hold territory in the face of air strikes, and because the Syrian government finally turned their attention to ISIS seriously after taking Aleppo from the other rebels.

Trump took over once we were in the closing stages of the anti-ISIS campaign. He did not make any real changes, he simply continued what the previous administration was already doing.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
ISIS have lost more territory this year than any other because they were already pretty much defeated, had lost most of their strongholds, and could no longer hold territory in the face of air strikes, and because the Syrian government finally turned their attention to ISIS seriously after taking Aleppo from the other rebels.

Trump took over once we were in the closing stages of the anti-ISIS campaign. He did not make any real changes, he simply continued what the previous administration was already doing.

You are repeating the same fallacy of your original point.
ISIS lost more territory this year because TRUMP pursued a more concentrated bombing campaign, top military officials concede that
The Stock Market and GDP growth set records Obama never touched because of tax cuts and deregulation
This isn't just correlation this is causation
There is no logical basis to the notion that Obama's policies are responsible for contemporary developments
(edited 6 years ago)
[QUOTE="TheGirlFelonXxXx;76024754"]

And why would I need experience in debating? Like its not a current hobby or anything, I watch the News and have my own opinions and views, I dont need debating skills to show that

you sound like a moron; why even bother commenting in the first place

Quick Reply

Latest