The Student Room Group

Balancing boyfriend and best friends

Next year at uni I've decided to move in with my long-term boyfriend into student accommodation which is about 20 minutes from my uni. This decision has been approved by my family, his family, new/old friends and my boyfriend obviously. I am very excited but all my friends are staying on campus, in halls. I feel like even though this is what i want it will have a detrimental effect on my friendships. I will try to visit them as much as possible but do you think i will lose friends due to not being on campus? or not being able to quickly meet up like they will be able to do? thoughts please!
Original post by aimeejanexxxx
Next year at uni I've decided to move in with my long-term boyfriend into student accommodation which is about 20 minutes from my uni. This decision has been approved by my family, his family, new/old friends and my boyfriend obviously. I am very excited but all my friends are staying on campus, in halls. I feel like even though this is what i want it will have a detrimental effect on my friendships. I will try to visit them as much as possible but do you think i will lose friends due to not being on campus? or not being able to quickly meet up like they will be able to do? thoughts please!

Talk to your friends. meet up during the daytime for lunch etc and maybe go out with them once a week as well? He could do the same? It will suffer if you cut yourself off completely, but if you make time for them then they will understand. Your bf should as well. A change from him will be a break for both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending