The Student Room Group

Error on my Ucas

Hello everyone
I have just received an offer from Kent university for Biochemistry. However, it has just come to my attention that i accidently put dual nationality when in fact I do not have that.
Kent are asking for two passports when I only have one.
I have sent them a message on ekentvision and Twitter. I haven't had a reply yet.
Kent is one of the too universities I would like to go to would this mistake cost me my offer or will be able to sort it out fairly easily.

Any advice would be amazing.

Kind regards, Veer
Original post by VeerVT
Hello everyone
I have just received an offer from Kent university for Biochemistry. However, it has just come to my attention that i accidently put dual nationality when in fact I do not have that.
I have sent them a message on ekentvision and Twitter. I haven't had a reply yet.
Kent is one of the too universities I would like to go to would this mistake cost me my offer or will be able to sort it out fairly easily.

Kind regards, Veer

Heya, I would call the universities admission line and ask them, well done
Reply 2
Thank you for the advice will do that first thing tomorrow or Monday (depending on when they are on call).
Original post by VeerVT
Hello everyone

Kind regards, Veer

I got accepted at a university I wanted to go. I put British citizen at the time , I wanted to research more and the teacher said leave it. I’m Eu national and was living in the UK for so long. Can’t believe I thought I was lol. The university offered me unconditional and a total of 9,250 pounds . Yikes. They think I’m a British citizen. The Scotland finance does not open till March. Have to call them kinda scared.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Email them too! If they have a facebook page you can message them there also (I did that when I had questions and it sped up me getting a response! :3
Good Luck! I doubt your nationality would affect your application as they shouldn't factor that in any way you deserve your offer so you shouldn't lose it!
Reply 5
Original post by Guinevere Arthur
I got accepted at a university I wanted to go. I put British citizen at the time , I wanted to research more and the teacher said leave it. I’m Eu national and was living in the UK for so long. Can’t believe I thought I was lol. The university offered me unconditional and a total of 9,250 pounds . Yikes. Have to call them kinda scared.

yeah I'm also kinda scared to call but guess we have to do these things. hope it goes well 😁
Reply 6
Original post by fifi.a
Email them too! If they have a facebook page you can message them there also (I did that when I had questions and it sped up me getting a response! :3
Good Luck! I doubt your nationality would affect your application as they shouldn't factor that in any way you deserve your offer so you shouldn't lose it!

Thank you so much that has reassured me and taken some stress off my shoulders
Original post by VeerVT
yeah I'm also kinda scared to call but guess we have to do these things. hope it goes well 😁

Did you get a letter?.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Guinevere Arthur
Did you get a letter?. In the email it said this for me, ‘The assessment of fee eligibility is based on the information provided to Heriot-Watt University as part of the application process. In the event that information is later identified by the University or other partners such as UCAS or a funding body (i.e. SAAS, SFE, SFNI) which brings the assessment of fee eligibility into doubt then the University reserves the right to revise its assessment of fee eligibility or to withdraw the offer‘. How am I going to call now? Lol

if you want to go to the university then youll have to call them. They should be understanding enough to know how stressful it is applying to uni and mistakes can occur. it shouldn't affect your offer as unis don't base offers upon nationalities
Original post by VeerVT
if you want to go to the university then youll have to call them. They should be understanding enough to know how stressful it is applying to uni and mistakes can occur. it shouldn't affect your offer as unis don't base offers upon nationalities

Thank you, this is reassuring .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending