The Student Room Group

Im worried about my friends relationship.

Im worried that a female friend of mine is being verbally and emotionally manipulated and abused by her boyfriend. this has come about due to a recent conversation with her where she mentioned that he calls her nasty **** that no boyfriend should ever call their girlfriend. and the biggest red flag for me was after the convo she swore me to secrecy in case he found out as she was "scared of what he will do if he finds out". what should i do? if i tell someone she might lose trust in me. any advice?

P.S. she is making excuses for him and is mostly in-denial about it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Im worried that a female friend of mine is being verbally and emotionally manipulated and abused by her boyfriend. this has come about due to a recent conversation with her where she mentioned that he calls her nasty **** that no boyfriend should ever call their girlfriend. and the biggest red flag for me was after the convo she swore me to secrecy in case he found out as she was "scared of what he will do if he finds out". what should i do? if i tell someone she might lose trust in me. any advice?

P.S. she is making excuses for him and is mostly in-denial about it.

How long has this been going on for? You should tell her you're worried about her in this relationship. If he really is as bad as she says she should leave him immediately. In case he gets violent, it's best to have a friend there with her (in this case you). Do make sure that this is an ongoing issue first but if she is worried about what he will do then that's concerning.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
How long has this been going on for? You should tell her you're worried about her in this relationship. If he really is as bad as she says she should leave him immediately. In case he gets violent, it's best to have a friend there with her (in this case you). Do make sure that this is an ongoing issue first but if she is worried about what he will do then that's concerning.

it has been going on for id say about 2 or 3 months (about half the amount of time they have been together) she knows im worried about it and her mother is aware of it but i don't think my friend has told her the full story.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending