The Student Room Group

What's the best thing you've ever seen in the theatre?

Theatre is amazing! I could quite happily spend weeks on end watching the same thing, or watching different things every night :love:
I've seen so many things, everything from tonnes in the West End to small things with a cast of less than 10, so I'm not sure I could choose a favourite... Wicked would definitely be up there, as would Les Miserables, Billy Elliot is my current obsession :h: Haven't really seen much that isn't a musical, but war horse was good :smile:

So, let's share...what's your favourite thing you've seen in the theatre?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
Theatre is amazing! I could quite happily spend weeks on end watching the same thing, or watching different things every night :love:
I've seen so many things, everything from tonnes in the West End to small things with a cast of less than 10, so I'm not sure I could choose a favourite... Wicked would definitely be up there, as would Les Miserables, Billy Elliot is my current obsession :h: Haven't really seen much that isn't a musical, but war horse was good :smile:

So, let's share...what's your favourite thing you've seen in the theatre?

Have only ever been twice (but would love to go again and have never been to a London theatre, which I would definitely love to do!), but I loved To Kill a Mockingbird. It was really well done, and the actors, especially the kids, were really talented and really brought the book to life :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
Have only ever been twice (but would love to go again and have never been to a London theatre, which I would definitely love to do!), but I loved To Kill a Mockingbird. It was really well done, and the actors, especially the kids, were really talented and really brought the book to life :smile:

Advantages at being close to London :smile: I've never fully read to kill a mockingbird :hide: Think my dad gave it to me too young so I didn't get it, found it boring and so didn't finish it.
Sounds really great though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
Advantages at being close to London :smile: I've never fully read to kill a mockingbird :hide: Think my dad gave it to me too young so I didn't get it, found it boring and so didn't finish it.
Sounds really great though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it for my National 5 English, so had to read it, and seeing it was really helpful for that :smile:
I think it was a good book, but I'd have much rather read it on my own terms :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
I did it for my National 5 English, so had to read it, and seeing it was really helpful for that :smile:
I think it was a good book, but I'd have much rather read it on my own terms :smile:

We saw several of our GCSE books as well :five: Blood Brothers tour was surprisingly disappointing (although maybe I hyped myself up too much) A Christmas Carol was great until chapter 5 where it went completely off piste and was very weird indeed!
Fair enough :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I saw Pete Postlethwaite in King Lear a few years ago, not too long before he died.
Original post by KingHarold
I saw Pete Postlethwaite in King Lear a few years ago, not too long before he died.

Ooh nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I saw Matthew Kelly in Of Mice and Men not long after he was cleared of the paedo stuff, that was good.

Also saw Fame on the West End, which was probably the second best thing.
Difficult to choose. Probably Hamlet with David Tenant and Patrick Steward or The Lion in Winter with Robert Lindsay and Joanna Lumley.
Original post by gjd800
I saw Matthew Kelly in Of Mice and Men not long after he was cleared of the paedo stuff, that was good.

Also saw Fame on the West End, which was probably the second best thing.

Of Mice and Men :love:

Original post by TheMoreILearn...
Difficult to choose. Probably Hamlet with David Tenant and Patrick Steward or The Lion in Winter with Robert Lindsay and Joanna Lumley.

It's soooo difficult to choose! Both those sound great though :woo:
hamilton would have been on the top of my list if i could afford the tickets:frown: i've only watched 3 things in the theatre, and 2 of them were to do with school:redface: jekyll and hyde was better than an inspector calls but i didn't hugely enjoy it. i think i watched lion king in the theatre YEARS ago, shame i can't remember it as i bloody love lion king.
Reply 11
I grew up with my grandparents taking me to the theatres/ operas/ musicals. Notable ones include:
Cats
The Lion King
We Will Rock You
War Horse
Women in Black
Madame Butterfly
HMS Pinnafore
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hamilton would have been on the top of my list if i could afford the tickets:frown: i've only watched 3 things in the theatre, and 2 of them were to do with school:redface: jekyll and hyde was better than an inspector calls but i didn't hugely enjoy it. i think i watched lion king in the theatre YEARS ago, shame i can't remember it as i bloody love lion king.

aww :console: I know quite a few people who are going for birthday presents ...
The make up and costumes in the Lion king are amazing!
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time totally blew me away, it was amazing.
Original post by lilGem
I grew up with my grandparents taking me to the theatres/ operas/ musicals. Notable ones include:
Cats
The Lion King
We Will Rock You
War Horse
Women in Black
Madame Butterfly
HMS Pinnafore

Yeah my dad in particular likes to take me to all sorts! That's how I've seen so much
Wow that's a great list! Haven't seen anything like all of them but I love cats! Same theatre as War Horse in the west end as well (although obviously not at the same time :wink:)
Original post by LaM19
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time totally blew me away, it was amazing.

They took a group to see that when I was in year 9 and they had a great time!
Reply 16
Original post by Lemur14
Yeah my dad in particular likes to take me to all sorts! That's how I've seen so much
Wow that's a great list! Haven't seen anything like all of them but I love cats! Same theatre as War Horse in the west end as well (although obviously not at the same time :wink:)

There are so many more I can't think off of the top of my head :redface: but they are definitely the most notable ones
Original post by lilGem
There are so many more I can't think off of the top of my head :redface: but they are definitely the most notable ones

Yeah definitely same here! This thread has jogged my memory about a few but I'm sure I'm still missing some...
Nice set all the same :yep:
Reply 18
Original post by Lemur14
Yeah definitely same here! This thread has jogged my memory about a few but I'm sure I'm still missing some...
Nice set all the same :yep:

Oh and a Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe :smile:
Original post by lilGem
Oh and a Midsummer Night's Dream at the Globe :smile:

Ooh the Globe, cool! Midsummer night's dream is probably my favourite out of the Shakespeare we did at school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending