The Student Room Group

*DO NOT READ* The most boring GYG in the history of GYGs.

You’ve just entered and trespassed a thread to be filled with struggles, tears, MORE struggles, a bunch of uninteresting stuff. This is your first warning

And if that didn’t make you leave, then I guess youll have to keep reading on this GYG, but I'm not going to bother with any of that 'enter if you dare' or 'do so at your own peril..' How cliche. Also mainly because you wont perish reading this, if anything you'll fall asleep.

I warned you.

HeY! Whats up! To introduce myself, I'm a year 11 student has her gcses in 3 months, but isn’t in school right now. What? In December, on short notice, I underwent spinal fusion(straightening of spine with rods and screws) to correct 1 of 2 problems I suffer with my spine, we spent Christmas there, and I'm currently being home-schooled, because recovery has taken its toll!1!1!

Studying at home is… well… Most schoolkids dream of being at home, waking up mid-afternoon, just starting school, all from the comfort of their bed…

…no. home school is NOTHING like that. At least not for me. GCSEs are in 3 months so your girl has to get her self together! And feeling like - & LITERALLY having similar body structure to - Frankenstein’s monster does NOT make things any easier lmao.

I have to wake up at 6, do my physio exercises, eat, and the schoolday begins. Yikes. After showering and reluctantly opening up the laptop, I have to answer emails from teachers and submit all due work- I warned you how boring this thread would be, but its not too late to turn back! Seriously, its not. Tutoring starts at 10am, and tidying my room for it is SUCH an effort let me tell you

So I guess that’s pretty much my school day, with the off chance of binge watching a show on Netflix, trips to the hospital for x rays and check ups, oh and me complaining 25/8, if you want to read more, its up to you. Totally.

wait, of course I'd forget to mention like the most important thing about this thread my subjects! Lol here you go

Spoiler

As you can see, well in the eyes of some, these mock results were preeeetty awful. :smile: You probably saw Economics and laughed at my target, I would. As for RS, i'd rather not talk about it LOL but i owe you a somewhat concise explanation. November mocks were a month before my operation, and my physical self was not up to standard, in many ways. The previous mock exams rendered better results, and I believe that they arent a true representation of a students work, or at least me I guess haha.

I plan to update this post with photos of my work, revision, memes, updates on the struggles of being a teenager, and even some x rays/ updates on my health!

I guess i chose to make this post, for myself. To look back on it in August, to see how far I've come, to not let my condition limit myself, and to prove others wrong. But, TO conclude my first GYG post and a somewhat novel of one, here's some uninteresting things about me:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi :hello:
Homeschooling sounds hard :afraid:
Wow, congrats on your English Lit result! What texts are you studying?
I would love to try windsurfing!
Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by laurawatt
Hi :hello:
Homeschooling sounds hard :afraid:
Wow, congrats on your English Lit result! What texts are you studying?
I would love to try windsurfing!
Good luck :biggrin:

Haha, some days are better than others though i guess:smile:, and thank you! I'm studying Romeo and Juliet, Jekyll and Hyde, Blood Brothers, and for anthology my cluster is Love and Relationships! I miss windsurfing lol but it capsizing in the winter was the worst!
Original post by aspiring-student
Haha, some days are better than others though i guess:smile:, and thank you! I'm studying Romeo and Juliet, Jekyll and Hyde, Blood Brothers, and for anthology my cluster is Love and Relationships! I miss windsurfing lol but it capsizing in the winter was the worst!

:yep:
We're doing the exact opposite for English! I'm studying Macbeth, An Inspector Calls and A Christmas Carol. For the antholog I am doing the power and conflict ones :biggrin:
Original post by laurawatt
:yep:
We're doing the exact opposite for English! I'm studying Macbeth, An Inspector Calls and A Christmas Carol. For the antholog I am doing the power and conflict ones :biggrin:

Ah, good luck in your exams:smile:!

You’ve just entered and trespassed a thread to be filled with struggles, tears, MORE struggles, a bunch of uninteresting stuff. This is your first warning

And if that didn’t make you leave, then I guess youll have to keep reading on this GYG, but I'm not going to bother with any of that 'enter if you dare' or 'do so at your own peril..' How cliche. Also mainly because you wont perish reading this, if anything you'll fall asleep.

I warned you.

HeY! Whats up! To introduce myself, I'm a year 11 student has her gcses in 3 months, but isn’t in school right now. What? In December, on short notice, I underwent spinal fusion(straightening of spine with rods and screws) to correct 1 of 2 problems I suffer with my spine, we spent Christmas there, and I'm currently being home-schooled, because recovery has taken its toll!1!1!

Studying at home is… well… Most schoolkids dream of being at home, waking up mid-afternoon, just starting school, all from the comfort of their bed…

…no. home school is NOTHING like that. At least not for me. GCSEs are in 3 months so your girl has to get her self together! And feeling like - & LITERALLY having similar body structure to - Frankenstein’s monster does NOT make things any easier lmao.

I have to wake up at 6, do my physio exercises, eat, and the schoolday begins. Yikes. After showering and reluctantly opening up the laptop, I have to answer emails from teachers and submit all due work- I warned you how boring this thread would be, but its not too late to turn back! Seriously, its not. Tutoring starts at 10am, and tidying my room for it is SUCH an effort let me tell you

So I guess that’s pretty much my school day, with the off chance of binge watching a show on Netflix, trips to the hospital for x rays and check ups, oh and me complaining 25/8, if you want to read more, its up to you. Totally.

wait, of course I'd forget to mention like the most important thing about this thread my subjects! Lol here you go

Spoiler

As you can see, well in the eyes of some, these mock results were preeeetty awful. :smile: You probably saw Economics and laughed at my target, I would. As for RS, i'd rather not talk about it LOL but i owe you a somewhat concise explanation. November mocks were a month before my operation, and my physical self was not up to standard, in many ways. The previous mock exams rendered better results, and I believe that they arent a true representation of a students work, or at least me I guess haha.

I plan to update this post with photos of my work, revision, memes, updates on the struggles of being a teenager, and even some x rays/ updates on my health!

I guess i chose to make this post, for myself. To look back on it in August, to see how far I've come, to not let my condition limit myself, and to prove others wrong. But, TO conclude my first GYG post and a somewhat novel of one, here's some uninteresting things about me:

Spoiler

I'm not gonna listen to the title because I feel like being a rebel. Not really. But good luck. I have a feeling that this GYG is going to be really interesting just from that introduction. You seem really motivated and that motivates me.
Original post by Ihatelife2
I'm not gonna listen to the title because I feel like being a rebel. Not really. But good luck. I have a feeling that this GYG is going to be really interesting just from that introduction. You seem really motivated and that motivates me.

Wow, thanks, its cool to know that this has an influence on someone, I cant promise they'll all be just as exciting lmao but keep coming back for updates:smile:

DAY 0:

So its midnight and I should be asleep, but I've been sending out english resources to people on here for the literature texts, if you need some I found from a website and heres my post ; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5192056&p=76030254#post76030254

Today I didn't feel so good, so productivity levels were particularly low today haha, I just analysed and re read blood brothers, I'd hoped to complete analysis of the characters and structure/form, but I plan to complete that tomorrow along with my chemistry work, perhaps some maths too lol sigh. Also I really think I should make a revision timetable/planner for my exams in may/june, whats anyones thoughts?
(edited 6 years ago)
So its midnight and I should be asleep, but I've been sending out english resources to people on here for the literature texts, if you need some I found from a website and heres my post ; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5192056&p=76030254#post76030254

Today I didn't feel so good, so productivity levels were particularly low today haha, I just analysed and re read blood brothers, I'd hoped to complete analysis of the characters and structure/form, but I plan to complete that tomorrow along with my chemistry work, perhaps some maths too lol sigh. Also I really think I should make a revision timetable/planner for my exams in may/june, whats anyones thoughts?

I was actually going to make a new revision timetable today. I used one in the mock week and they were amazing.
I was actually going to make a new revision timetable today. I used one in the mock week and they were amazing.

I have no idea why I'm still awake but did you make yours on get revising?

DAY 1 - morning - 9am

Morning! Not sure why I sound so enthusiastic lol I woke up later than planned and I have so much to do today. I'm going to continue analyzing blood brothers act 2, hopefully I'll be done by 11, and post pictures of my work
(edited 6 years ago)
loving this already! :woo:
i wanna do medicine too :biggrin:
Original post by clouddbubbles
loving this already! :woo:
i wanna do medicine too :biggrin:

Thank you! and thats so cool haha:smile:
This is a really cool looking blog! Hope everything's gonna get better for you and I'm excited to see where this blog goes :smile:
I have no idea why I'm still awake but did you make yours on get revising?

nah. I used Google docs. I made it myself because then I can make it more personal and plan in a lot of things.
nah. I used Google docs. I made it myself because then I can make it more personal and plan in a lot of things.

Oh okay, how long did it take you?
Oh okay, how long did it take you?

It took me like 10 minutes to do it all. I colour coded everything so that added like an extra 3 minutes. Keep in mind that I wrote down everything I needed for my timetable in a notepad in school and then drew it out which might have made it much quicker and easier to make.

DAY 1 - afternoon - 12pm

Finished my Blood Brothers analysis! Here’s some pictures as promised, my hands literally feel numb:cry2::cry2:It looks kinda messy but the colours highlighted correspond to different themes, (you’ll see the theme card key) Debating on whether I should continue character analysis or move on to biology.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B35g0xPklxjed3RtVXZ5RjE1UDc5ajE1cTZuaXhwaUQ2SF9V/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B35g0xPklxjeZi1Ubi1selN6TkQwdWo2SDlZS3RLTjJCdE9v/view?usp=sharing
(edited 6 years ago)
It took me like 10 minutes to do it all. I colour coded everything so that added like an extra 3 minutes. Keep in mind that I wrote down everything I needed for my timetable in a notepad in school and then drew it out which might have made it much quicker and easier to make.

Oh I see, I think I'll try it out, thanks.
Original post by Martins1
This is a really cool looking blog! Hope everything's gonna get better for you and I'm excited to see where this blog goes :smile:

Thank you! I hope you like the rest of what's to come:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending