50s please :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Doonesbury

I'll average out and go 60s :tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by IWMTom
I'll average out and go 60s :tongue:

Fair, I prefer the F-Type anyway. My 50yo neighbour has one. lol.
Reply 23
Have you driven a large car? Parked it in Sainsburys multistorey? If you want something "interesting" there's plenty of choice, but an executive saloon really wouldn't be wise.

Also expensive to service. And tyres are eyewatering to replace.
Have you driven a large car? Parked it in Sainsburys multistorey? If you want something "interesting" there's plenty of choice, but an executive saloon really wouldn't be wise.

Also expensive to service. And tyres are eyewatering to replace.

I'll have parking sensors to assist with the parking and I have the financial means to be able to afford a repair.

No other cars really appeal to me tbh, I've wanted a jaguar since I was 16
Reply 25
Many do, doesn't mean they get one when they are 17.
Many do, doesn't mean they get one when they are 17.

That is true, which is why I've waited until I'm 23 and a little bit more sensible
Reply 27
Double that and then you'll be perfect for a Jag. Good things come to those who wait...

There a reason why 46 year olds have a Jag; it's to transport their partner and two teenage children in some style at the weekends. Unless you have a family it's completely pointless.

Or you play golf with 3 other 50yos.
(edited 6 years ago)
Double that and then you'll be perfect for a Jag. Good things come to those who wait...

There a reason why 46 year olds have a Jag; it's to transport their partner and two teenage children in some style at the weekends. Unless you have a family it's completely pointless.

Why should I wait until I'm nearly 50 to own something that I can afford to own now? A lot of things are pointless if you take the perspective that somethings only useful if it has a family related function. 2 cruises a year? Pointless. Buying yourself jewellry? Also pointless.
Reply 29
Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you should buy it.

Anyway, it's your money (presumably, rather than your parents'...?). Buy it if you want.

Get the one with huge wheels and extra chrome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you should buy it.

Anyway, it's your money (presumably, rather than your parents'...?). Buy it if you want.

Get the one with huge wheels and extra chrome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course it's my own money :laugh: I wouldn't have the audacity to ask my parents to pay for something like this

I originally asked your opinion on the insurance quote but instead you have tried to talk me out of buying the car itself :laugh:

Oh well, anyway, I'll consider doing just that. Thanks for trying :smile:
Reply 31
I have precisely zero experience of a 23yo new driver wanting to insure an XF so yeah can't help you with that.
I'm 24, it'd cost me 7 grand to get insured on a similar group and spec car.
Original post by nevershear
I'm 24, it'd cost me 7 grand to get insured on a similar group and spec car.

:O

That's a lot! Where do you live?
If you want cheap insurance, get yourself a 1.2L Fiat Punto or something.

Your insurance is high for 2 reasons, it's an Audi so it's likely to get nicked and you've bought a sporty car with a big engine, which you're very likely to crash (according to the insurance company).

If you want your Audi, I'd suggest waiting 5-10 years before buying insurance for it.
Middlesex.
Original post by nevershear
Middlesex.

No wonder, it seems to be more expensive down south than up north
That wasn't exactly the brightest move to buy a car before doing any insurance quotes, I mean it's pretty simple that a 1.8L Audi will be expensive af to insure for a first time driver.
Reply 38

Or you play golf with 3 other 50yos.

God I hope it's not a modern Jag, try squeezing 4 reasonably sized people in that, you'll struggle.
I sympathise but as has been mentioned previously the vast majority of it is to cover the risk of you crashing and writing-off a £50k merc or similar. Cars like an Audi do incur an extra premium because new drivers generally can’t handle them and are more likely to crash, especially if engine size is over 1.5

Have you looked at insurance that comes with a black-box? It may help. Also, do go through the cash back websites

Oh it does get better, the annual insurance on our 4 cars comes in at under £500 a year in total including 255bhp mid-life-crisis in the garage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending