The Student Room Group

How To Start A Conversation On Tinder

I finally created a tinder to try and talk to girls instead of just at the club. But for years I always see guys popping up to girls on tinder with a funny joke or something, is that something you need to do or?...

Also, I’m not that good at carrying a convo, like I say ‘Hey’, she says ‘hey back’, I ask ‘how r u’ she replies ‘fine u’ I say ‘fine’...... ok then what. I’m so s*** at this 😂
Original post by Anonymous
I finally created a tinder to try and talk to girls instead of just at the club. But for years I always see guys popping up to girls on tinder with a funny joke or something, is that something you need to do or?...

Also, I’m not that good at carrying a convo, like I say ‘Hey’, she says ‘hey back’, I ask ‘how r u’ she replies ‘fine u’ I say ‘fine’...... ok then what. I’m so s*** at this 😂

The key is not to.
Reply 2
Original post by ugaaa5
The key is not to.

Helpful.
Reply 3
Good morning (boost)
Reply 4
The best thing to do imo is to take something from their bio to start a conversation on a mutual interest. E.g. if her bio says “I love horror movies” you could message “what’s your favourite horror? I love ____” that way it’s starting a conversation that she’s interested in rather than a copy paste chat up line.
Chat up lines don’t really fuel a conversation!
Reply 5
Ask about their profile.

Chat up lines don't always work and you might end up on Reddit if it's really cringe.
Reply 6
You could look up conversation starters online, and see what others suggest.
Best of luck in your hunt for a girlfriend / hookup.
Reply 7
I’ve got 6 matches but I have no idea how to start a convo so i haven’t talked to anyone yet hahaha 😂 maybe I should delete the app haha😂😭
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

It doesn't really matter what you say. Talk about the weather if want.

If she's interested in YOU she'll reply and keep replying

it's that simple.
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
It doesn't really matter what you say. Talk about the weather if want.

If she's interested in YOU she'll reply and keep replying

it's that simple.

Yeah that’s true I guess, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending