The Student Room Group

How lenient is the Uni of Manchester for law offers?

I understand this is something I shouldn't be relying upon however I have a feeling I may not meet my AAA offer from UofManchester because of maths. I have heard that sometimes universities can be accommodating should someone miss their offer by a few marks etc. Does anyone know if Manchester does this from time to time? Considering that my school, sixth form and my post code are basically bad enough to get me a contextual offer, which Ididn't receive, is there a chance of get in with AAB? Thanks.
Original post by Nabz99
I understand this is something I shouldn't be relying upon however I have a feeling I may not meet my AAA offer from UofManchester because of maths. I have heard that sometimes universities can be accommodating should someone miss their offer by a few marks etc. Does anyone know if Manchester does this from time to time? Considering that my school, sixth form and my post code are basically bad enough to get me a contextual offer, which Ididn't receive, is there a chance of get in with AAB? Thanks.

Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
Yes.

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity how low do you think they'd go? Will obviously aim to get the 3 A's but just in case.
How'd you guess it. Yeah, not said boo and about 6 weeks overdue.
Reply 4
Thank you! ABB+B at AS works out to 144. I haven't got any extra AS so What does that mean for me? All my subjects were under the previous system. I got 3 A grades for the AS last year but I was encouraged to not pick a fourth due to my gcses. Is my only option to get 3 A grades? Is there no wiggle room then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending