The Student Room Group

Exeter vs Warwick vs Durham

I have applied to study politics philosophy and economics and have an offer from exeter. But im considering adjustment to maybe warwick or durham, should I or is exeter good. Btw my predictions for alevel are A*AA and the offer from exeter is A*AB
You do not forfeit your Firm when you use Adjustment.

To OP, as your place is not forfeited when you use Adjustment, there is no loss to looking through Adjustment and seeing if Durham or Warwick PPE courses are in there.
Reply 2
I haven’t visited because I live in spain. That’s why im not very sure about what reputation exeter has in the uk and that kind of thing
Original post by alex31
I haven’t visited because I live in spain. That’s why im not very sure about what reputation exeter has in the uk and that kind of thing

Durham, Warwick and Exeter are all considered top tier universities.
They're all very respected. You can't really go wrong with your choice.
Reply 4
If it was Oxford then it would be a different story. All 3 universities are in the same “basket “. Exeter is excellent as well as Warwick and Durham. When looking for a job or masters, it will essentially be the same.
Reply 5
Original post by alex31
I have applied to study politics philosophy and economics and have an offer from exeter. But im considering adjustment to maybe warwick or durham, should I or is exeter good. Btw my predictions for alevel are A*AA and the offer from exeter is A*AB

Exeter is an excellent university as is Durham, Warwick however...less so. If you meet the grades definitely consider Durham as i believe it is marginally better in both subjects. Warwick has a very high ratio of international students and its only decent degree is buisness studies/ accounting etc. Its rep is also alot lower than Exeter and Durham so consider that for job prospects. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending