The Student Room Group

Why is it common for a woman to use her looks to generate income?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sinfonietta
Why are you targeting women specifically? It's common for men to rely on their looks to generate income too.

I am a woman myself and I was expecting this post.

I know men also do this but its far less. I don't respect them either but this post is focused on women.
Reply 21
Original post by DrSocSciences
You need to meet more interesting, educated women.

I have. I've been surrounded by a small amount women who are educated but I know they would trade their minds for this nonsense.
Reply 22
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Majority of them do, but beauty is just something you’re born with, you can’t really make yourself beautiful. Most of the time they’re still getting photoshopped to **** so I don’t think it’ll take that much effort to be beautiful

Girls use makeup to make themselves appear "more beautiful"

And yes I agree. Its all photoshopped. True beauty is what you see in real life.
The answer is in the question lmao. It's low effort, easy money. Don't pretend if you couldn't do the same and take advantage of autistic nerds on the internet, you wouldn't to.
Original post by BigAnt
I have. I've been surrounded by a small amount women who are educated but I know they would trade their minds for this nonsense.

So, by your own admission, you've met few educated women, and those whom you have met, value looks above education? My point still stands: you need to meet more interesting and educated women.
Original post by BigAnt
Girls use makeup to make themselves appear "more beautiful"

And yes I agree. Its all photoshopped. True beauty is what you see in real life.

That’s because they get bullied if they don’t use makeup. They don’t put makeup on with the intention to be scouted for modelling
Reply 26
Original post by somemightsay888
The answer is in the question lmao. It's low effort, easy money. Don't pretend if you couldn't do the same and take advantage of autistic nerds on the internet, you wouldn't to.

I would rather die than use my looks to generate money. I said above I have been asked and I felt nothing but anger.

The money I earn has been from hard work not from taking pictures of myself for a company.
Reply 27
So, by your own admission, you've met few educated women, and those whom you have met, value looks above education? My point still stands: you need to meet more interesting and educated women.

Your point doesn't stand. I've met MANY women.
Original post by BigAnt
Your point doesn't stand. I've met MANY women.

Hello? I didn't challenge you on the number of women you've met (touchy eh?) I repeated your own observation that you hadn't met many educated women.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 29
Hello? I didn't challenge you on the number of women you've met (touchy eh?) I repeated your own words about not having met many educated women.

I have met many women and many educated women but they would happily trade their minds for to earn a few thousands I just know it.
Reply 30
Original post by BigAnt
Hand on my heart I would happily die rather than use my beauty to generate income.

lol, not a chance
Reply 31
Original post by Reue
lol, not a chance

I have before.

Even if I was poor I would never use my looks to generate income. I'm not a pack of meat.
Original post by BigAnt
I have met many women and many educated women

Ok. So now your argument/thesis has become totally inconsistent hasn't it?

You previously said: "I've been surrounded by a small amount of women who are educated."

Whereas now you say that you've met "many educated women." Shifting sands and all that.
Reply 33
Original post by BigAnt
I have before.

Even if I was poor I would never use my looks to generate income. I'm not a pack of meat.

You didn't say poor, you said die.
Reply 34
Original post by Reue
You didn't say poor, you said die.

I said I would rather die than use my looks to generate income.

I then said even if I was poor it wouldn't make a difference. What don't you understand?
Reply 35
Ok. So now your argument/thesis has become totally inconsistent hasn't it?

You previously said: "I've been surrounded by a small amount of women who are educated."

Whereas now you say that you've met "many educated women." Shifting sands and all that.

How has it been inconsistent?

A small amount of women who are educated (i define educated differently to you) amongst many women.
Reply 36
Original post by BigAnt
I said I would rather die than use my looks to generate income.

I then said even if I was poor it wouldn't make a difference. What don't you understand?

I understand, just do not believe your laughable statement.
Original post by BigAnt
How has it been inconsistent?

A small amount of women who are educated (i define educated differently to you) amongst many women.

You see, the quality of your argument is plummeting: you made an assertion based upon one frame of reference (few women surrounding you), then shifted your frame of reference (to the many women you had met), and now you make an assumption about how I define the term "educated." It's all fallen to pieces, hasn't it?
Reply 38
Original post by Reue
I understand, just do not believe your laughable statement.

I've worked hard for my money and I stopped using my parents money when I was 16 years of age.

I don't know what else to say to make you believe my statement but it truly sickens me when women use their beauty to generate income.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BigAnt
I would rather die than use my looks to generate money. I said above I have been asked and I felt nothing but anger.

The money I earn has been from hard work not from taking pictures of myself for a company.

Thats good. You have a level of self-respect on another dimension compared to those types of women.

Quick Reply

Latest