The Student Room Group

Feminists Are Always Unattractive - Is This Generally True?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unkilled
If a feminist says so, it must be true. They haven't played that card about a million times or anything.

And yet people still listen. It baffles me really.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
One would like to think so my friend but some feminists would like us to believe otherwise.

Take "would like us to" out of that sentence and you will get a good description of modern feminism.
Most feminists I've seen are not that attractive, at least from my perspective. It's weird but it does seem that many feminists fit a certain look.
And yet people still listen. It baffles me really.

Yes.
Take "would like us to" out of that sentence and you will get a good description of modern feminism.

True enough
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Most feminists I've seen are not that attractive, at least from my perspective. It's weird but it does seem that many feminists fit a certain look.

I think this may be because basically being non-attractive can make one a feminist if one believes one is the victim.
True enough

Also take the "some" out and replace it with "more or less all apart from like 5".
Also take the "some" out and replace it with "more or less all apart from like 5".

Who consist the five?
Who consist the five?

Kristina Hoff Sommers

My English teacher (though that's debatable)

Actually, that's two.
(edited 6 years ago)
I think your opinion is wrong, you say that you’re a ‘mans man’ but that just toxic masculinity and unhealthy to society as a whole.
And you said that you dont agree with ‘men becoming women, which i find strange and unfathomable, why should you even have an opinion on how people live their best life
Original post by Lit teacher
If there is a difference of 9.1% that's clearly not equal.
All male selection panels, who in some constituencies vet candidates and choose the one to stand. There are plenty of capable women wanting to become Tory MP's but they are less likely to get through the selection process than male equivalents.

All, or mostly male panels who select the CEO. Middle-aged white men tend to select middle-aged white men.

The evidence is clear on this. As one example, the majority of people stacking shelves in Tesco are women, and the majority working in the warehouse are men. Warehouse workers were paid more, despite the job being a similar level of difficulty and being of equal value to the company. Why would Tesco do this?

The thing is, there was an introduction of something called affirmative action.

And no, middle-aged white men are not all racist, you racist.
Original post by EqualitySloth
I think your opinion is wrong, you say that you’re a ‘mans man’ but that just toxic masculinity and unhealthy to society as a whole.
And you said that you dont agree with ‘men becoming women, which i find strange and unfathomable, why should you even have an opinion on how people live their best life

I'm not here to tell people what to do inside their pants, mate. But since you asked for it, here goes:

There's no such thing as toxic masculinity. There is just masculinity. And because low-testosterone plebs like you aren't confident enough to work in a masculine environment, you just blame everything on society instead of improving yourself.
Kristina Hoff Sommers

My English teacher (though that's debatable)

Actually, that's two.

Haha. Let me know when you get the other three.
Haha. Let me know when you get the other three.

With every day that goes by, my chances of succeeding are getting slimmer.
And feminists aren’t unattractive, i think everyone should be a feminist because that literally means equality and who wouldn’t want that? You would have to be stupid to not want everyone to be equal. Do you think Emma Watson is unattractive? How about Jessica Chastain, or Kristen Bell, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlise Theron, Rowan Blanchard, Cate Blanchet, Ellen page? They’re all feminists.
How about the men? But as you seem to think that men who are feminists are scum, and you’re such a mans man, you probably wouldn’t appreciate how men can be attractive - even to straight men.
I'm not here to tell people what to do inside their pants, mate. But since you asked for it, here goes:

There's no such thing as toxic masculinity. There is just masculinity. And because low-testosterone plebs like you aren't confident enough to work in a masculine environment, you just blame everything on society instead of improving yourself.

Okay so first of all, i am ‘low testosterone’ but thats because im a woman. And no, sometimes im not comfortable in a masculine environment, because of the catcalling, and the sexist and misogynistic jokes. And all the snide little comments about how woman are property, and how we are somehow less than men, infuriate me. Why are you better?
you say i should improve myself but not society, when everything i hate about myself is because of society.
Okay so first of all, i am ‘low testosterone’ but thats because im a woman. And no, sometimes im not comfortable in a masculine environment, because of the catcalling, and the sexist and misogynistic jokes. And all the snide little comments about how woman are property, and how we are somehow less than men, infuriate me. Why are you better?
you say i should improve myself but not society, when everything i hate about myself is because of society.

Well, I'm afraid what you say about the jokes, well, they are jokes, but that is not "toxic masculinity". That is called being a ****.

If these people are being genuinely sexist, they are still just words. And women are perfectly capable of possessing high testosterone levels.
Well, I'm afraid what you say about the jokes, well, they are jokes, but that is not "toxic masculinity". That is called being a ****.

If these people are being genuinely sexist, they are still just words. And women are perfectly capable of possessing high testosterone levels.

We are capable, but why do we deserve it? I am completely sick of being made to feel inferior
We are capable, but why do we deserve it? I am completely sick of being made to feel inferior

No one is making you inferior. I couldn't care less whether you feel you are or not. Try arguing with some empirical evidence instead of feelings.
No one is making you inferior. I couldn't care less whether you feel you are or not. Try arguing with some empirical evidence instead of feelings.

What kind of evidence would you like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending