The Student Room Group

Why is it common for a woman to use her looks to generate income?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigAnt
You don't understand do you.

There is no achievement, it isn't difficult to use your beauty to generate income. What exactly are you doing? and how is this fulfilling in life?

I understand perfectly, your ego has its own postcode and you want other people to feed it.

What exactly are you doing that makes you superior to all the models in the world?
Reply 61
Original post by Gwilym101
I understand perfectly, your ego has its own postcode and you want other people to feed it.

What exactly are you doing that makes you superior to all the models in the world?

The fact that you think its about arrogance is why there is no point of trying to converse with you.
Original post by BigAnt
The fact that you think its about arrogance is why there is no point of trying to converse with you.

It is arrogance to think you're better than someone else solely because of their profession.
So do men. Attractive people in general are more successful.
Original post by BigAnt
Yes its annoying because its the truth. Many women use their beauty to generate some sort of income and I don't respect them at all. What hard work are they doing?

It sends a horrible message to young girls and its needs to stop. Many of these women then go on marry a rich man and become baby machines.

Im not going to reply after this because you just keep repeating your points and its getting boring. You've got your answers.
What do you mean it requires no hard work? Some of it actually does, why do you think not everyone is a catwalk model? because its not easy.
Also sure whatever but I doubt these women care what young girls think. and tbh neither do I. If you are living a lifestyle that you chose ONLY because its respectable and it sends the right impressions to young girls then you're doing it for others and not yourself. which is questionable. whats even sadder is bashing others for their life choices and tbh it just makes you sound like a ********.(because of the way you're talking about it)

tldr its not always easy work and you're stupid to think it is. bye
Reply 65
Original post by faloodeh
Im not going to reply after this because you just keep repeating your points and its getting boring. You've got your answers.
What do you mean it requires no hard work? Some of it actually does, why do you think not everyone is a catwalk model? because its not easy.
Also sure whatever but I doubt these women care what young girls think. and tbh neither do I. If you are living a lifestyle that you chose ONLY because its respectable and it sends the right impressions to young girls then you're doing it for others and not yourself. which is questionable. whats even sadder is bashing others for their life choices and tbh it just makes you sound like a ********.(because of the way you're talking about it)

tldr its not always easy work and you're stupid to think it is. bye

"Some of it actually does" No it doesn't. Most models fit the requirements so all they do is ran around for these silly campaigns.

Good god. How dare you. Most of these women haven't even read a book in their life and now you are trying to insult me by saying I am living a life to please others?

These women are living a life which is easy and one that requires no work. Most of them marry rich and then become a baby making machine.
This is true regardless of gender, life is unfair and some people are born with something that gives them a natrual advantage over others. It just means ugly folk like you and I have to work a bit harder to generate the sort of income an attractive person could get without the same effort.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by wqaf
AHAHAHHAHAHHAH
This rarely happens with men go on youtube/twitch/instaor any social media/ streaming sites and its men doing something interesting for likes while women show off their tits because they have nothing else to offer.

Completely agree.
Reply 68
Original post by urgurlbecca
This is true regardless of gender, life is unfair and some people are born with something that gives them a natrual advantage over others. It just means ugly folks like you and I have to work a bit harder to generate the sort of income an attractive person could get without the same effort.

You're an embarrassment.
Original post by BigAnt
You're an embarrassment.

Thats a solid argument
Original post by BigAnt
Yes its annoying because its the truth. Many women use their beauty to generate some sort of income and I don't respect them at all. What hard work are they doing?

It sends a horrible message to young girls and its needs to stop. Many of these women then go on marry a rich man and become baby machines.

It’s not the truth, it’s your opinion.

A lot of girls do modelling as a a side line to studying for some extra cash, a lot of models have a big interest in fashion and use it as a platform to make connections. To become successful as a model is extremely rare, and it isn’t something you can do for a long period of time. All kinds of women do modelling, it’s not the only thing they do with their lives and saying they all go on to be baby machines for rich husbands is a ridiculous generalisation.

People are a lot more complex than their jobs. Their life has just as much value as someone who does something that you would deem worthy.
Its called cashing in.

If your looks are where the money is then why not? Not everyone is brainy, we gotta play the card we were dealt.
Reply 72
Original post by urgurlbecca
It just means ugly folk like you and I have to work a bit harder to generate the sort of income an attractive person could get without the same effort.

:lol:
In a way, I do respect women who use their looks to generate income. They are smart enough to see that they can earn because of their looks, therefore they are not wasting potential. I also respect women who choose to work in academic fields as well.

Equally, men also use their looks to generate income, it works both ways.
Some of you are extremely ignorant and arrogant. I respect the OP for sharing his opinion, If you have a problem and don't like his opinion there's no reason to be ignorant towards him. Yes, as for women using their beauty for income, I do not respect the act. However, what I've noticed is that some of them have no choice but to do so. Some of them were raised that way, and some of them have to use it for survival. Yeah, it's bad, I know, sometimes we just have ourselves to blame. However, for those with the opportunity to have a decent education and a decent paying job, I find it rather demoralizing.
Reply 75
Original post by Grizzelex
Some of you are extremely ignorant and arrogant. I respect the OP for sharing his opinion, If you have a problem and don't like his opinion there's no reason to be ignorant towards him. Yes, as for women using their beauty for income, I do not respect the act. However, what I've noticed is that some of them have no choice but to do so. Some of them were raised that way, and some of them have to use it for survival. Yeah, it's bad, I know, sometimes we just have ourselves to blame. However, for those with the opportunity to have a decent education and a decent paying job, I find it rather demoralizing.

I am a woman.

Thank you for your post.

I don't even mean to offend anybody I am merely expressing my opinion. It is sad many women use their beauty to generate some sort of income. We are incredibly lucky here and i'm just sick and tired of women focusing on their appearance and beauty rather than real hobbies and hard work. It sucks.

Quick Reply

Latest