The Student Room Group

How did you know when you met the one?

How did you know you met the one? Did something happen that made you realize?
or if you haven't, when do you think you will know?
Just curious, would love to here some people's experiences with it.
It’s different for everyone however when most people find the one they often have a feeling in their torso which they can’t describe, it’s a good feeling. When you spend a day or maybe up to a week away from them you will feel it as their is no other half to you, a feeling of dispossession.
Something just pulled me to her; I have no idea what it was but every time we made eye contact we both didn't look away and it just felt like the whole world was moving slower and only she was standing before me.

Every time she spoke, I wished she'd keep talking forever. Just her presence in the room would light up my day, her sitting close put me under pressure and I somewhat liked it. She made me feel a hell load of emotions without even talking to me.

Obviously she felt the same no matter how much she tried to hide it. This probably sounds like something out of a cliche romance movie or novel but it seriously happened and I'm glad it did because now I can love and cherish her.
Original post by AzureCeleste
How did you know you met the one? Did something happen that made you realize?
or if you haven't, when do you think you will know?
Just curious, would love to here some people's experiences with it.

Oh, well when I thought I’d met the one. It was about being able to sit in silence/little verbal communication and feel comfortable, able to express vulnerability/emotion and it not being turned away, being able to trust to be myself/let myself come out

Turns out the whole thing was absolute b/s though.
Reply 4
When I first saw my boyfriend I literally did a double take and spent the whole night trying to talk to him (we met at a party) however due to him going to uni we both unspokenly was waiting to make a move for two months. Felt natural being with him and i trusted him and just overall never felt happier. He told me two week in that he loved me and I returned the words honestly. It was then that I realised I wanted to marry him, however the first time i’d wanted to spend my life with him was when we was just friends one day at his house and i’d thought to myself that I could spend the rest of my life like this without even clicking what was going on in my head. Still head over heels for him and moving in together in a few months !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending