The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Anyone applied to study an undergraduate Psychology degree at Goldsmiths 2018?

Hey guys, so I have been offered an unconditional place (I already have my results) to study BSc Psychology with Clinical Psychology at Goldsmiths. I am pretty sure I am going to accept it & i was just wondering if anyone has applied to study the same course or any psychology course? I think we all share the same modules in the first two years so it would be nice to get to know a few people before we start :smile:

Get in touch if you fancy a chat or just meeting up :smile: & good luck with your applications.

Laaibah x
Hello! I have also been offered an unconditional offer to study Psychology Bsc at Goldsmiths, but I also got an unconditional offer at Swansea for the same course. I don’t know which one to choose. Swansea has much better ranking than Goldsmiths, but I really want to live in London. Any advice on how to choose ?
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by n_student2017
Hello! I have also been offered an unconditional offer to study Psychology Bsc at Goldsmiths, but I also got an unconditional offer at Swansea for the same course. I don’t know which one to choose. Swansea has much better ranking than Goldsmiths, but I really want to live in London. Any advice on how to choose ?

Hi, congrarulations on your offers, that’s great news :smile:

Have you visited both universities? If not, I would very highly recommend it. You’ll get a feel for the place & be able to ask any questions & speak to other students.

London is a very big place & sometimes it can get lonely. Do you know anyone in London? I am studying at the university of Westminster right now, which is central London & it’s not for me because I don’t feel a community vibe there.

With regards to league tables, that is not important to me personally. To be honest, most employers don’t even look at where you get your degree from. What I did find important was the course modules. I looked very carefully at the modules to see if they covered any area of my career goals.

I think what you need to explore is what you want from your experience of university. Do you want for it to all be about grades or a social life too. I know what matters to me is both.

I hope this helps.

Laaibah x
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks for answering! It is a little difficult for me to visit the universities because I am from Norway.My goal is to become a chartered psychologist, but I don’t know where to go. I don’t think I will be going to Swansea because I genuinely don’t think I will be happy there. I only considered it because of its ranking. I got unconditional offers to all my 5 choices, but the ones I am thinking about is Stirling, because of its ranking and the fact that I got a International Undergraduate Award (kind of like a scholarship), but I really want to live in London and have read that Goldsmiths is amazing in student life and atmosphere. So if it’s really true that the employers barely even look at which university I studied at, I am really considering going there as they also have a clinical psychology Bsc course which I would love to study because it interests me more than statistics and research psychology.
Reply 4
Thanks for answering! It is a little difficult for me to visit the universities because I am from Norway.My goal is to become a chartered psychologist, but I don’t know where to go. I don’t think I will be going to Swansea because I genuinely don’t think I will be happy there. I only considered it because of its ranking. I got unconditional offers to all my 5 choices, but the ones I am thinking about is Stirling, because of its ranking and the fact that I got a International Undergraduate Award (kind of like a scholarship), but I really want to live in London and have read that Goldsmiths is amazing in student life and atmosphere. So if it’s really true that the employers barely even look at which university I studied at, I am really considering going there as they also have a clinical psychology Bsc course which I would love to study because it interests me more than statistics and research psychology.

From what I have heard, employers don’t look at rankings but don’t quote me on this. It’s best to ask around TSR & see what others say. London is very expensive to live too, so you have to look into that too. I have been to goldsmiths and I adore it. Very close community, very creative (I like art as well as psychology), everything is on campus & it’s only like 30 minutes max to get into central London. I really want to go there but I have to speak to the university about the workload etc as I have a few health problems.

Think about all your options carefully, especially if you have a scholarship. Tuition fees are the worst :frown:
Reply 5
Hey, I'm also doing psychology bsc. I found this fb group for 2018 freshers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1195503223831953/ if you guys are interested.
Are you aware that psychology at Goldsmiths now has a new four year placement degree? You would apply in the second year and if you were successful spend the third year on placement. Given becoming a chartered psychologist can be a lengthy process, coming out of university with a good BPS accredited degree, as well as relevant work experience, could get you well on your way towards your goal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending