The Student Room Group

Israel shoots down Iranian drone

This was all started by Iran sending a drone into Israel, which was shot down. The control van directing the drone was then destroyed. Unfortunately an F-16 was shot down as it was returning to Israel, although the pilot managed to get it back into Israeli territory before bailing out.

[video="youtube;E0Jt_Vy4Mj0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=47&v=E0Jt_Vy4Mj0[/video]

Israel then launched a strike against Syrian air defence sites to maintain deterrence and 'escalation dominance', apparently destroying a dozen or so targets.

Whatever their motives, it is nothing short of insane that the Iranian IRGC and mullahs have taken a conscious decision to escalate conflict with Israel. Israel now has to strike back in a big way, that is how primitive middle Eastern tribal politics works. The Jews understand that as well as anyone else in the region; they've learned the lessons of the 'turkey' story (below).

There is an old Bedouin legend that goes like this: an elderly leader thought that by eating turkey he could restore his virility. So he bought a turkey, kept it by his tent and stuffed it with food every day. One day someone stole his turkey. The Bedouin elder called his sons together and told them: "Boys, we are in great danger. Someone has stolen my turkey."

"Father," the sons answered, "what do you need a turkey for?"
"Never mind," he answered, "just get me back my turkey." But the sons ignored him and a month later someone stole the old man's camel. "What should we do?" the sons asked. "Find my turkey," said the father.

But the sons did nothing, and a few weeks later the man's daughter was raped. The father said to his sons: "It is all because of the turkey. When they saw that they could take my turkey, we lost everything."

Israel now needs to get its turkey back. In the Middle East, you cannot turn the other cheek; it is seen as weakness. And that means there will be a lot of Iranian and Syrian blood.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
X

Thought you might be interested in this thread.

It's entirely predictable to see Islamic extremists, Russian shills and anti-zionists crowing over the F-16 shootdown. Never mind that more Iranians were killed in this exchange of fire, they have to take all the small victories they can get.

After all, they've been continuously losing since 1948.
Reply 2
if anyone wish to start WW3 it's not Iran.
Anyway, it honestly doesn't matter who starts war- it only matters who ends it. And how.
Original post by simon_g
if anyone wish to start WW3 it's not Iran.

Not the Iranian people, most of whom despise the geriatric theocrats who have subjugated a once proud civilisation.

But within the Iranian regime, within the religious zealots that make up Quds Force and the IRGC in general, yes there are many who would be very happy to start World War 3.

They do not fear death, they welcome it. They would love to bring about armageddon.

Anyway, it honestly doesn't matter who starts war- it only matters who ends it. And how.

Actually it does matter who starts wars. It matters for a whole host of reasons, morality and justification foremost among them/

But who ends wars also matters. And if Iran provoked a war with Israel, it would get hammered. But again, the insane religious fanatics in the IRGC do not care. They would love to have a giant regional war that pulled in every country. Thankfully they are held back by more 'moderate' (only relatively) elements within the regime.

This current exchange of fire and skirmish would have been carried out by Quds force, the elite arm of the Iranian IRGC. They wouldn't have done such a thing without permission from the Ayatollah, or at least in the negative, from his senior aides.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Israel then launched a strike against Syrian air defence sites to maintain deterrence and 'escalation dominance', apparently destroying a dozen or so targets.

Bit of an over-reaction to an Iranian drone...
(edited 6 years ago)
Let them try and start WWIII, they won’t stand a chance against the superior forces of the non-Muslims.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Let them try and start WWIII, they won’t stand a chance against the superior forces of the non-Muslims.

Haha,comment edited
Original post by arizonaidiot
Haha,comment edited

Doesn’t change the sentiment of the original one, about throwing them and their demonic Allah back into the depths of hell :wink:

We will see about that:wink:
This was all started by Iran sending a drone into Israel
So not by Israel's illegal occupation of the Golan Heights then?

messianic mullahs who would love nothing better for us all to die in a mushroom cloud
But there is only one Middle Eastern country that possesses nuclear weapons. Israel.

It's the same old story, where sending an unarmed drone is a "conscious decision to escalate conflict with Israel" but regularly sending war planes to bomb targets in Syria is "a strike against Syrian air defence sites to maintain deterrence".
Sending an unarmed drone is "insane" and "messianic mullahs who would love nothing better for us all to die" but you advocate that Israel "now needs to get its turkey back. In the Middle East, you cannot turn the other cheek; it is seen as weakness. And that means there will be a lot of Iranian and Syrian blood."

As if my irony meter wasn't already maxxed out, you then quote a Bedouin legend, presumably unaware that the Bedouin in the occupied Territories are having their villages systematically bulldozed by the Israeli army.
Reply 10
Not the Iranian people, most of whom despise the geriatric theocrats who have subjugated a once proud civilisation.

You do know this is patently untrue right? The regime might be loathed by the middle classes but it is exceedingly popular, in general, among the lower classes - who make up a large proportion of the population.

It's entirely predictable to see Islamic extremists, Russian shills and anti-zionists crowing over the F-16 shootdown. Never mind that more Iranians were killed in this exchange of fire, they have to take all the small victories they can get.

Pot meet kettle :rolleyes:
Also you know the Russians get on quite well with Israel right?

Israel has lost its last wars...
It was ejected, by the beast it created, in Lebanon in 2000 and then decisively humiliated in 2006. Not to mention its brutal campaigns against targets in Gaza have all largely failed in their objectives - despite killing thousands of civilians and turning the area in to a large concentration camp they have yet to do much damage to Hamas.
Reply 11
Doesn’t change the sentiment of the original one, about throwing them and their demonic Allah back into the depths of hell :wink:

Lol.
Reply 12
So what was the moral of the Turkey story? It seems intriguing?

this kid once stole my drumstick when I was in KFC, should I fight him?
Thought you might be interested in this thread.

Still yet to see any remotely good take from you to be perfectly honest
The drone never entered Israeli territory; it flew exclusively over occupied Syrian territory. The Israeli regime then shot it down and conducted their >100th illegal strike on Syrian territory, except this time had their F-16I shot down by primitive S-125 missiles (and another F-15 was struck and damaged).

Israel is the aggressor illegally occupying territory and illegally violating its neighbours' sovereignty on a daily basis then plays the victim card when the state they attack defends itself, cry me a river.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Palmyra
The drone never entered Israeli territory; it flew exclusively over occupied Syrian territory.

Maybe Israel has expanded into that territory now?
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Maybe Israel has expanded into that territory now?

I can’t tell if this is a serious post or not.
Original post by Lit teacher
So not by Israel's illegal occupation of the Golan Heights then?

Syria just needs to get over the Golan, it's never going to get it back.

Israel was completely justified in occupying the Golan Heights for defensive reasons, given from 1948 to 1967 Syrian artillery was constantly shelling its farmers, and was used as an infiltration point for terrorists.

The only circumstances in which it would be said Israel was not justified in occupying the Golan is if you believe Israelis have a moral duty just to take it, to let themselves be killed. I guess Jew-haters might well take that point of view.

But there is only one Middle Eastern country that possesses nuclear weapons. Israel.

Nothing wrong with possession of nuclear weapons, in the right hands. The UK has never launched a nuclear attack. Israel has never launched a nuclear attack. These weapons have only ever been used for the purposes of deterrence.

The same obviously does not apply to messianic, geriatric mullahs who would love nothing better than to bring on armageddon.

It's the same old story, where sending an unarmed drone is a "conscious decision to escalate conflict with Israel"

What is Iran even doing there? Why are they intervening in other countries? Obviously they're neocons

but regularly sending war planes to bomb targets in Syria

To bomb convoys of advanced weapons being shipped to Hezbollah, yes. Something Israel has every right to do under international law.

As if my irony meter wasn't already maxxed out, you then quote a Bedouin legend, presumably unaware that the Bedouin in the occupied Territories are having their villages systematically bulldozed by the Israeli army.

The irony is you actually think you're an expert on the Israel/Palestine conflict.

You really should brush up on your grasp of English, by the way. Systematic clearly does not mean what you think it means.
It is worrying to see such an escalation of tensions, especially considering that 6 people have died in this incident. Hopefully things will be okay in the future.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending