The Student Room Group

Why even bother trying to fit into society ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by num.7
The only problem I have with that is that you're a benefits scrounger.

unless you grow all your own food,
sew all your own clothes,
built your own house,

you are also a scrounger.
Original post by Nalk1573
I might have depression, I don't know

Even if I did, so what ? Maybe some people need to go through a depressed period of a couple of months to improve their life.eventually. Like the depression is a phase of growth in life for them.

Worrying about how others perceive me only makes things worse.

You can help immigrants on the council estate with their shopping,
there's thousands of people in Japan who you can connect with through video games,,
at least I won't be alone

Thanks for replying with your view point, helps me out in future conversations
****ing nihilists man
Reply 23
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
****ing nihilists man

it's not nihilism

Going through pain and hopelessness has to happen to make you stronger.

It's like being tested. a test life throws at you.
it's not nihilism

Going through pain and hopelessness has to happen to make you stronger.

It's like being tested. a test life throws at you.

Useless apologist mentality. This is plain nihilism, not depression etc.
Reply 25
Useless apologist mentality. This is plain nihilism, not depression etc.

I do have moments of happiness. I do enjoy a happy life.

These are just my opinions of society.
Reply 26
wow great to see a man with a plan...
I don't want a career,
don't want to wake up early in the mornings,
don't want to impress people on LinkedIn,
don't care If I live on benefits in a council house,
don't care If I have to rely on a foodbank,
I get my clothes from Oxfam.

I am just lazy and depressed and I am fine with this. It's just what I am.

What's wrong with this ? Nothing is. We shouldn't give in to peer pressure.

You aren't going to be able to buy nice things, like holidays, cars, jewellry and nice food. You'll have no money for fun things like going out, sports and other hobbies. I'm not just saying this because of peer pressure, it is genuinely nice to be able to go abroad and see the world. It's nice to treat yourself with that expensive ring, or that flash car :wink:

If you are genuinely depressed please seek the appropriate mental health services because depression will steal your enjoyment. It's the only illness that lies to you and this is why it's dangerous
Reply 28
If you try to better yourself, people call you selfish and materialistic and narcissistic and ungrateful.

If you do nothing with your life, you are called a scrounger.

You can't win.
If you try to better yourself, people call you selfish and materialistic and narcissistic and ungrateful.

You can't win.

Then either you can continue to let other people decide who you are as a person, or you can just think "screw what other people think, I'm my own person" and do what you want
I don't want a career,

You are 100% correct. Many people here have clouded judgement and will not be able to understand you. Just stay true to yourself.

It's all about the balance between work and the probability of a range of rewards. If that reward is unlikely to happen, or if half your reward is taken from you, you might not believe it's worth the effort.

You can most definitely have a decent life with very little money. A diet of potato, beans, vegetables and fruit is actually a better diet than people had only a thousand years ago. People are just so absorbed in other people's lives that they constantly compare themselves and think they have to have better than what everyone else has.

You can't win.

If you're so concerned about what other people think, then you should seriously consider therapy.

At the end of the day, what's better, having a nice house, a car, a family, a dog etc. and being called selfish, or doing jack **** with your life and being called a scrounger.

hmm...tough choice that xo
Reply 32
you can slave away at your job and pretend to be happy if you want

Not every job has to be slaved away at OP.
Find something you enjoy rather than be lazy and rely on handouts from taxes. Some people just can't work but you are just a lazy sh*t.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Bio 7
Not every job has to be slaved away at OP.
Find something you enjoy rather than be lazy and rely on handouts from taxes. Some people just can't work but you are just a lazy sh*t.

why should I work 18 hours a day , 7 days a week for little or no reward ?

Look at the workers in Japan and South Korea where depression is suicide is the highest in the world and many young people live in internet cafes.
Reply 34
why should I work 18 hours a day , 7 days a week for little or no reward ?

Look at the workers in Japan and South Korea where depression is suicide is the highest in the world and many young people live in internet cafes.

So othes have to work and pay taxes while you sit at home with handouts? That's a very poor attitude to have.
Reply 35
Original post by Bio 7
So othes have to work and pay taxes while you sit at home with handouts? That's a very poor attitude to have.

Why is doing nothing considered the worst thing ever, even worse than committing serious crime ?

I am not living off your tax money, that's an absurd argument.
you have obviously never claimed benefits.

They do just give you money every week if you provide evidence you looked for work.
Seems like YOU are the one who has obviously never claimed benefits (Job Seekers Allowance to be exact).

If you're unemployed for 9 months, you get put on the Work Programme (unless things have changed) and get put in any job available - which will usually involve zero hours working in a factory or cleaning toilets or some other ****hole of a job. Do you want that?

You have to make money somehow, otherwise you can't eat and you will die.

Can I ask how long you have been claiming JSA? I presume less than 9 months.
I don't want a career,

Nothing... because there is no SOCIETY today, there is no equality or same opportunities for everybody,. Main role of SOCIETY was to ensure all that to each member of community.
I was working on Faculty of Teacher education years, started on my last year in IT department as a -replacement of IT Services Manager with training and team management of 10 people and organization and distribution of work within the IT Support Service. year later I become Adminstrative Asisstant/Secratery/Referent in Vice Dean Office for student and academic affairs with dutes:
- Organization and independent management of the administration at the Vice Dean Office for student and academic affairs. - Distribution of the required information of the Vice Dean Office for student and academic affairs, according to the expert services of the Faculty, external institutions and commissioned communication for student's, teaching and expert services of the Faculty inquiries. - Coordinator when enrolling on the module for lifelong learning "Pedagogical-Psychological Education for Teachers", which gives the Faculty annually $ 220000. - Coordinator when enrolling on "The Program of Acquiring Pedagogical Competencies for Vocational Teachers, Teaching Associates and Mentors". - Autonomus writing the basic documents of the Faculty, writing of correspondence within institutions and external institutions. - Organization and Coordination of Materials and Human Resources for the University of Zagreb Fair where the Faculty is awarded each year in the category of the best-exhibited showroom - Assistant of ECTS coordinator. - Independent administrative management of professional pedagogical practices for students of the undergraduate university study program of "Early Childhood and Preschool Education" with direct communication with the heads of kindergartens throughout the Republic of Croatia and students of the mentioned study program.
and the fired me because I haver ear neurological disorder, Dystonia, and in Croatia they cab+n not help me so I have to go on King's Collage Department for Movement Disorder in London. Faculti owes me about 2000,00 pounds that i will never be able gate back because they made me wrong contract. and because of it, i can not find job.
so, for conclusion, as Orwell wrote in "Animals farm": “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
oh... and on this site... all documents are written by me with idea of design for each of them:
thank you society for making my life, everything but life, because there is no service that will provide me help and support.
Reply 38
If you're so concerned about what other people think, then you should seriously consider therapy.

At the end of the day, what's better, having a nice house, a car, a family, a dog etc. and being called selfish, or doing jack **** with your life and being called a scrounger.

hmm...tough choice that xo

The government wastes billions every year.
but If they give someone 50 pounds a week and some potatoes from a food bank, suddenly that person is worse than Hitler.

This is a double standard.
Reply 39
Our system pushes young people too hard. It is refreshing to see someone stand up to this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending