The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Opinions ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
In regards to the bad reviews of the school - they said the exact same thing that was also said on this forum - the people that said those things had only themselves to blame. According to the students, they're the ones that get all the top grades at GCSE, but can't handle the demand of 4 A Levels, so they only gain average grades compared to the whole class. As a result, they blame the school for their own complacency.

I just know I'm gonna get attacked by someone for saying this :P
Would anyone else like to share their interview experience?
i had my interview at 10:55 - pretty sure i was the last one in the SSA or maybe even the whole school for the 10 appointment. it was really chill and my interview went well if i do say so myself - since i was last all of the year 12s in the SSA surrounded me and gave me tips about the interview and school so it was pretty great all in all.
Original post by Xephyrr_
i had my interview at 10:55 - pretty sure i was the last one in the SSA or maybe even the whole school for the 10 appointment. it was really chill and my interview went well if i do say so myself - since i was last all of the year 12s in the SSA surrounded me and gave me tips about the interview and school so it was pretty great all in all.

Oh, you were there? Did you see me? I was sitting by the window with three other people and some Year 12s?
Oh, you were there? Did you see me? I was sitting by the window with three other people and some Year 12s?

i may’ve but i’m unsure
i may’ve but i’m unsure

So do you think you've secured a place?
So do you think you've secured a place?

i think the interview went fairly well but since i didn’t finish my philosophy paper i only got 405 - so i think i may’ve done enough and hope i did enough - what about you??
i think the interview went fairly well but since i didn’t finish my philosophy paper i only got 405 - so i think i may’ve done enough and hope i did enough - what about you??

I felt like I ended up having a really good convo with the teacher - I wasn't even aware I had ran out of time, but I think I did well. Can't say I know if I did well enough to get a place, though.
I felt like I ended up having a really good convo with the teacher - I wasn't even aware I had ran out of time, but I think I did well. Can't say I know if I did well enough to get a place, though.

probably did - good luckk
probably did - good luckk

Oh! BTW I did what you suggested and sopke about media influence - it went down very well with my interviewer, so thank you :smile:

Do you possibly know when we get the offer/rejection letters?
Oh! BTW I did what you suggested and sopke about media influence - it went down very well with my interviewer, so thank you :smile:

Do you possibly know when we get the offer/rejection letters?

no problem, glad i could help - pretty sure in march
Hi guys!

I study at Harris Westminster Sixth Form. The school is not a place of making students depressed. That's the first thing I would say. They offer workshops for people who are stressed and you have form three times a week, and you literally discuss half the time how to manage your time and all that. In addition to this, every Year 12 student at HWSF gets a Year 13 parent. They are students who help you get through the school work because they know how hard it can be. Finally, we have an amazing staff who sends out emails to every student every so often to encourage students to be positive at all times. They give numerous tips on how to relax when you have too much work load etc.

tbh, if a sixth form college is not pressuring their students to some extent, then you will never achieve your As and A*s.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by joshua1117
Hi guys!

I study at Harris Westminster Sixth Form. The school is not a place of making students depressed. That's the first thing I would say. They offer workshops for people who are stressed and you have form three times a week, and you literally discuss half the time how to manage your time and all that. In addition to this, every Year 12 student at HWSF gets a Year 13 parent. They are students who help you get through the school work because they know how hard it can be. Finally, we have an amazing staff who sends out emails to every student every so often to encourage students to be positive at all times. They give numerous tips on how to relax when you have too much work load etc.

tbh, if a sixth form college is not pressuring their students to some extent, then you will never achieve your As and A*s.

True dat. I have read the school's SEND policy and it is not at all proportional to what some of the reviews have been speaking of.

May I ask, do Harris ask for references once offers have been sent?
True dat. I have read the school's SEND policy and it is not at all proportional to what some of the reviews have been speaking of.

May I ask, do Harris ask for references once offers have been sent?

Hey, i'm pretty sure they don't :smile:
Hey, i'm pretty sure they don't :smile:

OK, thank you :smile: Do you know anything about the possible removal of Saturday school from our timetable this September?
OK, thank you :smile: Do you know anything about the possible removal of Saturday school from our timetable this September?

Yeah no sat schools for you guys... You'll have them in Y13 so don't have too much fun ahhaha
Yeah no sat schools for you guys... You'll have them in Y13 so don't have too much fun ahhaha

That sounds good. What subjects do you do?
Hey,

I study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics.
Medicine is the dream! :smile:
Hey,

I study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics.
Medicine is the dream! :smile:

Whats your opinion on the subjects so far?
They're hard work...
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending