The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE London External?? final degree Economics BSc

The Final Diploma
Indicates that you were registered with the University of London and awarded a University of London degree, diploma or certi cate.
Gives the name of the London School of Economics and Political Science as the member institution that developed the syllabus and provided assessment.
Features the University of London crest and the Vice- Chancellor’s signature.

---------------

is this the same as those who study at LSE non external/ distance...
Can it be said you did your degree with LSE or do LSE student (possibly other Uni of London KCL UCL) all show Uni of London as Awarding place with UCL KCL LSE being the 'Provider of assessment and syllabus"

thanks in advance
Original post by honestly
The Final Diploma
Indicates that you were registered with the University of London and awarded a University of London degree, diploma or certi cate.
Gives the name of the London School of Economics and Political Science as the member institution that developed the syllabus and provided assessment.
Features the University of London crest and the Vice- Chancellor’s signature.

---------------

is this the same as those who study at LSE non external/ distance...
Can it be said you did your degree with LSE or do LSE student (possibly other Uni of London KCL UCL) all show Uni of London as Awarding place with UCL KCL LSE being the 'Provider of assessment and syllabus"

thanks in advance

I think you should ask U o L what you are allowed to say. I think you are allowed to say you got a degree from UoL, but you need to be careful about the link to the LSE.

I dont think its exactly the same as someone who studies with the LSE direct, but you do need clarification. Obviously it could make a big difference.I would expect those who attend directly to firmly say they attended that particular institution.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I think you should ask U o L what you are allowed to say. I think you are allowed to say you got a degree from UoL, but you need to be careful about the link to the LSE.

I dont think its exactly the same as someone who studies with the LSE direct, but you do need clarification. Obviously it could make a big difference.I would expect those who attend directly to firmly say they attended that particular institution.

I found out that the UoL distance courses are 'directed' by the various colleges. LLB Law for example is directed by multiple colleges (KCL, UCL, Holloway etc) However Economics degree is 'directed' by LSE and its academics. The exams and content are LSE; in fact a high first year exam success allows one to apply to year 2 and 3 as an 'in house' LSE student. Otherwise one can carry on studying it part time.
The final certificate says : UoL directed by LSE economics BSc signed by the provost/dean of LSE.
Whereas a normal LSE degree will say: UoL and then LSE on its header as well. Signed by the Dean of LSE.

Thanks for replying:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending