The Student Room Group

Do I look fat? *Photos*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by showaeski
Definitely not fat. You have great legs btw, I would love to have them

Thank you! I’m pear shaped so when I put weight on it’s always my love handles/ waist !
Reply 41
Original post by Ella-keturah
Not at all. You have a nice body.

Thanks!
Reply 42
Original post by RoyalSheepy
You're not fat in the slightest! (and I'm not saying that to be nice, I'm saying that truthfully)

If anything you have a very normal and healthy body, not skinny nor fat.

Thank you!
You dont look fat, you look fine. If you want muscle tone may I reccomend the youtube channel 'blogilates'... her videos are amazing. Theres short ones for when you dont have time and then long ones for when you do. She also does calenders if you dont know what to do on a perticular day and shes really encouraging. And she provides recipes as well...its really helping me. Im trying to get in shape for prom lol x
Reply 44
Original post by AS02x
You dont look fat, you look fine. If you want muscle tone may I reccomend the youtube channel 'blogilates'... her videos are amazing. Theres short ones for when you dont have time and then long ones for when you do. She also does calenders if you dont know what to do on a perticular day and shes really encouraging. And she provides recipes as well...its really helping me. Im trying to get in shape for prom lol x

I know her she’s great thanks! Also fitnessbender are amazing.
You're not fat, you lack muscle mass
Original post by Mirror55
Ok thanks. 5 kg is awfully close for being fat though haha!

which should be an incentive not to go up by 5kg :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Angry cucumber
You're not fat, you lack muscle mass

Urgh true it’s probably the hardest thing to correct tho :frown:
Urgh true it’s probably the hardest thing to correct tho :frown:

It's really not that complicated! Just eat the right foods, don't cut out carbs because they are important for hormonal function (and other things) and lift weights.

You should be doing compound movements so your squats/leg press, pullups etc. Also in-cooperate glute raises for more focused shape. Just 2-3 times a week, sleep well too and be patient. It will take time but within a few months you'll notice some changes.
Reply 49
Original post by trapking
It's really not that complicated! Just eat the right foods, don't cut out carbs because they are important for hormonal function (and other things) and lift weights.

You should be doing compound movements so your squats/leg press, pullups etc. Also in-cooperate glute raises for more focused shape. Just 2-3 times a week, sleep well too and be patient. It will take time but within a few months you'll notice some changes.

To gain muscle / lose fat I’m:
Upper body weight lifting x 2 weekly
Lower body x 2
Hiit x 1

Eating 136g + protein
100g carbs
Maintance calories on training days (1,800)
1,300 on non training days
Eating generally ‘clean’.

Hoping that’ll help me not lose muscle when losing fat/ ‘tone’ up!
Lower body x 2
Hiit x 1

Eating 136g + protein
100g carbs

Your protein is quite high tbh especially considering you have little/no muscle mass.

To put things into perspective I dont consume anywhere near that amount of protein and have quite a considerable amount of muscle mass.

Keep things simple!
Reply 51
Original post by trapking
Your protein is quite high tbh especially considering you have little/no muscle mass.

To put things into perspective I dont consume anywhere near that amount of protein and have quite a considerable amount of muscle mass.

Keep things simple!

Ok thanks!
If you're fat then wtf am I
You look good and not fat at all - very jealous of your stomach - what do you do to tone it - that's my problem area!
Ok thanks!

can i just add, my ex was a bit fat, and the only thing i found offputting about her was her faint moustache, prickly leg hair, uncut toe nails, feet having not showered since the morning, repetitive outbursts of insecurity and bad breath. the fact that she was a bit fat didn't bother me at all because it was 'her'
Reply 55
Original post by Minionmum
You look good and not fat at all - very jealous of your stomach - what do you do to tone it - that's my problem area!

Thanks! That’s my problem area too 😂 I don’t do anything special to tone my stomach tho
Reply 56
Original post by Bill Nye
If you're fat then wtf am I

I’m sure you’re not fat either ! It’s all relative I see people bigger then me who I don’t consider fat
Lower body x 2
Hiit x 1

Eating 136g + protein
100g carbs

Sounds reasonable.

It’ll take time but you will get there if you follow that.

Log the weights you use and aim to improve. If you do that along with good diet and sleep you WILL notice a difference. Impossible not to
Thanks a lot! My problem area has always been my stomach so I’m glad to see it’s not so bad - yeah my love handles do tend to get too big. That’s the problem with being skinny(ish) fat, you have to build muscle to look ‘good’ and that’s the hardest!

You're most welcome! Oh, I would love to have your stomach tbqh. It is not bad at all. I think most people are insecure about their stomach and struggle to lose fat and gain muscle in that area. Thighs are another one. It is fine when I am standing, but when I sit down, it looks worse. Yes, you know the struggle, but I guess it's better than being straight up fat/obese, anorexic, or super muscular. Fortunately with clothes on, my stomach looks flat and trim so it isn't too much much of an issue. I can't complain much considering I don't eat healthily and exercise, but I intend to and I could be much bigger. I guess I have my genetics and lack of appetite to thank for that. When did you start working out and following a high protein diet?
Not fat at all, probably you just need to workout a little bit

Quick Reply

Latest