The Student Room Group

CAn i get a 4 in maths by doing past papers only

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FloralLuxe
i will be.

I'm sure, considering getting a 5 on higher is nothing strenuous.
Original post by orderofthelotus
I'm sure, considering getting a 5 on higher is nothing strenuous.

4 is what nursing degree wants
You need to understand the content first and then start doing loads of papers. You can't do papers if you dont know the content
A grade 4? You can get a ****ing 9!
4 is what nursing degree wants

Depends on the university. Grade 4 is a standard pass and grade 5 is "good" pass and therefore the grade candidates should be aiming for as universities won't ask for a grade higher than 5 in English and maths for most courses, such as one like nursing.
Original post by The RAR
A grade 4? You can get a ****ing 9!

no i cant cos im horrible at maths
Depends on the university. Grade 4 is a standard pass and grade 5 is "good" pass and therefore the grade candidates should be aiming for as universities won't ask for a grade higher than 5 in English and maths for most courses, such as one like nursing.

Ok ill aim for 5 then but idrc which one i get. A pass is what i want
Ok ill aim for 5 then but idrc which one i get. A pass is what i want

Lmao okay but the point is some universities don't consider a 4 a pass so if a ~pass is what you want~ then yeah, you're looking at getting a 5.
Lmao okay but the point is some universities don't consider a 4 a pass so if a ~pass is what you want~ then yeah, you're looking at getting a 5.

Literally all of them want at least a 4. But yh i should probs aim higher
If i understand it, is there a point of me watching revision vids and all that

If you know the content do past papers again and again you may be able to even get a 5 or a 6. I got a 7 by only doing past papers and my twin got an 8 by only doing past papers

Quick Reply

Latest