The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxVENUSx
Tough love doesn't work for severe mental illness.

Don't bother responding to Ricky Rossman or whatever they are called if they act what they are like on here in real life somebody would just knock them out. They are only big behind a computer screen.

I would suggest you consider a leave of absence which is what I am considering or if you definitely do decide to drop out come up with a plan of what you would like to do.

Talk to your personal tutor as well and even your head of your course which is what I have done.
Original post by iodo345
Don't bother responding to Ricky Rossman or whatever they are called if they act what they are like on here in real life somebody would just knock them out. They are only big behind a computer screen.

I would suggest you consider a leave of absence which is what I am considering or if you definitely do decide to drop out come up with a plan of what you would like to do.

Talk to your personal tutor as well and even your head of your course which is what I have done.

No I would give the same advice in person. Honestly I wish I received a bit of tough love when I was growing up. :smile:
What are you studying and where at?

If it's too much and impossible to catch up then do what you must.
Original post by rickyrossman
No I would give the same advice in person. Honestly I wish I received a bit of tough love when I was growing up. :smile:

I think that was sound advice
Reply 24
Original post by HighFructose
What are you studying and where at?

If it's too much and impossible to catch up then do what you must.

Computer Science with a Foundation Year at the university of essex. It's the foundation year, so maths, basic programming and electronics and some english thing
Many universities summer exams have a resit period in August - would taking these exams then give you enough time to catch up? Perhaps you could request sitting your first exams at this time - with the mitigating circumstances you have listed it sounds likely they would be able to facilitate this to occur?
Just a thought :smile:
I don't understand what you're trying to ask... You've made this thread and are 100% commited to dropping out, what else do you need to know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending