The Student Room Group

How to grow YouTube channel?

I started my channel 2 weeks ago and have posted 3 videos, and so far I have 4,478 views and only 51 subscribers. Any ideas on how to grow it further? Thanks 😁
what's your channel about.
Original post by BTAnonymous
what's your channel about.

Fitness and lifestyle and occasional just general topics. And I am female so I think I will attract a female audience
start a youtube channel 5 years ago.

too saturated nowadays, also you will basically have little ad revenue now. Youtube is increasingly moving away from being a host website like imgur or reddit of old , to actively being a publisher and moderator like TSR
Original post by hannah00
start a youtube channel 5 years ago.

too saturated nowadays, also you will basically have little ad revenue now. Youtube is increasingly moving away from being a host website like imgur or reddit of old , to actively being a publisher and moderator like TSR

But it’s really fun, I enjoy posting videos when I’m not doing uni work 😂
Original post by whocares?123
But it’s really fun, I enjoy posting videos when I’m not doing uni work 😂

I also plan on starting Youtube :smile:, best thing is to just keep doing it but only because you enjoy it and you never know where the future will take you.

Congrats to me 4k views is impressive
Original post by SuperHuman98
I also plan on starting Youtube :smile:, best thing is to just keep doing it but only because you enjoy it and you never know where the future will take you.

Congrats to me 4k views is impressive

Thanks 😁😁
Hey,

It certainly looks to me like you're doing something right! My advice is simply to keep posting more videos, staying active as this helps to grow your viewer base. Find out what works best and find something you enjoy that you can share, this will allow you to continue growing. I found that collaborating with other similar channels can be a great way of sharing audiences and expanding.

Hopefully this has been helpful!
Original post by WestDragon
Hey,

It certainly looks to me like you're doing something right! My advice is simply to keep posting more videos, staying active as this helps to grow your viewer base. Find out what works best and find something you enjoy that you can share, this will allow you to continue growing. I found that collaborating with other similar channels can be a great way of sharing audiences and expanding.

Hopefully this has been helpful!

Thank you soo much 😁😁
Original post by whocares?123
I started my channel 2 weeks ago and have posted 3 videos, and so far I have 4,478 views and only 51 subscribers. Any ideas on how to grow it further? Thanks 😁

The fitness market is way too saturated nowadays.
It will be hard to make a 'mark' on it because there are just far too many fitness people already.

You have to find a niche.

I am into fitness, I do powerlifting and Freerunning, which is unique.

However, what really sets me apart is the fact that I am the ONLY Physiotherapy Student YouTuber in the UK. My goal is now to show people what life is like for a Physio Student at Uni!

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest