The Student Room Group

Most irritating things you've seen on LinkedIn?

Been browsing the service for the first time in ages, and I can't believe the sheer amount of cancer I've seen in my feed and on other people's profiles.

I'll just make a list and you can all add to it and we can engage in yet another mutual agreement thread:

- People who put enough detail into one Open Day that would have be more than necessary for an entire summer vac scheme

- People who put 'Incoming Open Day' as their description

- People who put vague, tryhard crap in their descriptions (e.g. "I put 110% effort into my degree" or "I wish to become an international lawyer" )

- People who use silly words like "love" when describing their interest for the most mundane aspects of corporate work (e.g. I "love" or "have a passion for" corporate governance)

- People who awkwardly post congratulations on the feeds of people who they've never spoken to or met

- People who post vague self-promotional advice like "never let a day be lost!" and get likes in return

- People who share actual entertainment videos (like Jay Leno testing out the new Bugatti)

- People who put each of their extracurriculars as "work experience", when they're clearly not. Being the captain of the second netball team isn't work experience. Neither is being on your university's UC team.

- People who lie about the schemes they attended. I've seen undergrads who attended the HSF, Linklaters, A&O, etc two-day schemes referring to them as "legal internships". As if a glorified open day + work shadowing session could count as that.

- Irrelevant people who endorse their equally irrelevant classmates ("I've worked with <insert mate here> in a class project, he's really diligent and proactive!!!" )
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

'Incoming Open Day' Looool
Reply 2
What is that..
I blame the system.
Anybody who has worked or is working in a corporate job regardless of industry will find that its full of lies/pretence and as a friend put it "pure bullshttery"
I personally hate the whole idea of linkedin.
But that is another story.
Just laugh and move on.
(edited 6 years ago)
People who put BSc/BA/MA/PhD/MBBS/LLB etc in the last name field of LinkedIn when you can list your degrees/education in the sections below...

e.g. John Doe BSc (people do that on Facebook as well)...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
From my experience the law profession is full of idiots in much greater percentage than other professions.
Original post by Blue_Cow
People who put BSc/BA/MA/PhD/MBBS/LLB etc in the last name field of LinkedIn when you can list your degrees/education in the sections below...

e.g. John Doe BSc (people do that on Facebook as well)...

sad
Reply 7
Original post by verier
From my experience the law profession is full of idiots in much greater percentage than other professions.

Hahaha yes, the people who post on their social media profiles the Solicitors name like Williams&Co solicitors, when they're clearly just tea cup girl or a very low level and inexperienced paralegal hahaha.
Reply 8
People who add candidates from the apprentice...

Unbelievably lame.
tea cup girl lol
(edited 6 years ago)
If you're going into law, banking, or some other job that ends with you being a corporate sell-out, being pretentious and a little obnoxious is part of it

Although "incoming open day" or "john doe BSc" is pretty bad...
Reply 11
It is an achievement in itself, I currently study it and you can go on to do good things with it. Personally find it so embarrassing when people post 'LLB' 'BA Hons' etc etc, like its fine being proud of it but they aren't even titles like Professor or Doctor - I think thats fine, as its a high level achievement and most of the time they aren't bragging etc its so people know who they are and what they do in an organisation, that goes more for Linked in though and not Facebook lol.
Old woman and men who possibly have spouses that flirt. Like it's meant to be LinkedIn and not Tinder and stay loyal for godsake.

Bumlicks. Someone puts a post about success or whatever and you get loads of bumlicks trying to suck up........I wouldn't be surprised if the OP got a pm afterwards.
BPTCs who have themselves in a wig as their profile pic.

People who use the full "Upper Class Second Division".

Open Days. People who post 40 of them thinking it looks impressive. Usually fills up their profile and makes it difficult to find the relevant stuff.

People who use LinkedIn generally get on my tits, including myself.
Reply 14
Original post by BTAnonymous
tea cup girl lol

Lol but, I bet its what they are.
Original post by jdddd
Lol but, I bet its what they are.

just an ego boost
Reply 16
I don't spend any time on it so I dunno.
The fake account I once made.:ninja:
Reply 18
Original post by BTAnonymous
just an ego boost

Embarrassing, if they actually studied Law or had any Law knowledge, they probably wouldn't want to put that in their Bio hahaha.
Is it odd or sad to not have one. I've always worked on and off but never had any full-time job worthy of mentioning so i don't have an account there. even my CV is full of lies and over-exaggerations :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending