The Student Room Group

Additional Courses when doing your Degree

Hi there! I'm mature undergraduate student and I would like to ask for your advice/experiences regarding short and additional courses.

I feel like I've wasted plenty of time (still in my mid twenties though) but I'm really ambitious and hardworking and want to progress a lot. Due to some personal circumstances I had to work and leave education for a while and when everything is back to normal I wish to catch up with everything and not only do my degree but gain other qualifications/skills that will enrich my life and help in looking for a new job.

Do you know any websites/organisations doing actually meaningful/relevant courses? I've looked through dozens of websites but it's hard to find the right ones, as there are plenty of rubbish stuff (if you know what I mean).

I'm looking for additional qualifications in IT/software engineering sector.
Also, is there any way to gain engineer qualifications outside uni?
Original post by 1993student2017
Hi there! I'm mature undergraduate student and I would like to ask for your advice/experiences regarding short and additional courses.

I feel like I've wasted plenty of time (still in my mid twenties though) but I'm really ambitious and hardworking and want to progress a lot. Due to some personal circumstances I had to work and leave education for a while and when everything is back to normal I wish to catch up with everything and not only do my degree but gain other qualifications/skills that will enrich my life and help in looking for a new job.

Do you know any websites/organisations doing actually meaningful/relevant courses? I've looked through dozens of websites but it's hard to find the right ones, as there are plenty of rubbish stuff (if you know what I mean).

I'm looking for additional qualifications in IT/software engineering sector.
Also, is there any way to gain engineer qualifications outside uni?

I would be focusing on my degree and then improving my application by looking at what graduate schemes and employers want.

In addition I would join any professional organisation for networking and see if there are any additional professional qualifications. For IT there must be plenty of certifications. Job adverts give you a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending