The Student Room Group

are the CGP workbooks worth it?

hiya,

i was just wondering if the CGP workbooks for the separate sciences are worth it? like, for example, do they contain proper, exam style questions?

thank you so much for any replies x
Are you talking about GCSE or A level? I used the CGP books for triple science GCSE and my maths GCSE. I think they're great and the questions at the end are very useful, but like any revision guide it really should be used in conjunction with past papers etc... for the best result. In short - Would recommend! Hope this helps 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by Tristan1205
Are you talking about GCSE or A level? I used the CGP books for triple science GCSE and my maths GCSE. I think they're great and the questions at the end are very useful, but like any revision guide it really should be used in conjunction with past papers etc... for the best result. In short - Would recommend! Hope this helps 🙂

hi! yes, i was talking about the GCSE books, but, thank you so much! this really helped, and i think i'm going to buy them- thank you! x
I've got a level maths ones and they have 2 papers on DVD in the back.
I also work through it and skip the revision questions at the end so that I can do them closer to the exam.
Reply 4
Original post by RuthieG101
I've got a level maths ones and they have 2 papers on DVD in the back.
I also work through it and skip the revision questions at the end so that I can do them closer to the exam.

thank you so much for the help! x
Original post by lanababe78
hiya,

i was just wondering if the CGP workbooks for the separate sciences are worth it? like, for example, do they contain proper, exam style questions?

thank you so much for any replies x

In short, yes.
When I was deciding my GCSE options, I chose triple science despite only getting a level 4/5 in every single test. However, when I started triple science, I bought the CGP revision guides for all 3 subjects and now I'm a level 7 in each. I also chose Physics and Chemistry at A-Level! Trust me, they will boost your grades as long as you're willing to work hard :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by A_Winter
In short, yes.
When I was deciding my GCSE options, I chose triple science despite only getting a level 4/5 in every single test. However, when I started triple science, I bought the CGP revision guides for all 3 subjects and now I'm a level 7 in each. I also chose Physics and Chemistry at A-Level! Trust me, they will boost your grades as long as you're willing to work hard :smile:

firstly, well done on your amazing improvement! you should be very proud of yourself! also, thank you very much for your help; it is much appreciated x

Quick Reply

Latest