The Student Room Group

Sixth form threatening to kick me out

Sixth form are threatening to kick me out and retract my university offers due to poor mock grades. In fairness, my brother has just died and I suffer with depression. I was thinking should I drop out and become a private candidate? I want to work at my own pace and as well as work in an environment that isn’t so toxic. My subjects don’t require coursework and my parents are willing to pay for the exams. Do you think it’s a good idea?
They can’t kick u out if u kick them out
They can't kick you out for poor grades, legally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you think it’s the best decision for you just make sure that you’re not doing this because you’re in a haste and because you’re angry with your sixth form , if you think that you can trust yourself to not procrastinate and learn everything properly then you should do it if it’s best for you , I would recommend talking to your sixth form maybe ask for a meeting with the head and your parents ? And I’m sorry for your loss , I hope your mental state improves and I wish you the best x
Original post by Pulane99
Sixth form are threatening to kick me out and retract my university offers due to poor mock grades. In fairness, my brother has just died and I suffer with depression. I was thinking should I drop out and become a private candidate? I want to work at my own pace and as well as work in an environment that isn’t so toxic. My subjects don’t require coursework and my parents are willing to pay for the exams. Do you think it’s a good idea?

Note that they don't have the power to retract any uni offers.
Original post by Farhana001
If you think it’s the best decision for you just make sure that you’re not doing this because you’re in a haste and because you’re angry with your sixth form , if you think that you can trust yourself to not procrastinate and learn everything properly then you should do it if it’s best for you , I would recommend talking to your sixth form maybe ask for a meeting with the head and your parents ? And I’m sorry for your loss , I hope your mental state improves and I wish you the best x

Thank you, Yes I’m very determined and I’m hard working, the sixth form has not been understanding with my depression and the loss of my brother and have been very malicious towards me. I’ve come home crying everyday because of them and I’ve had enough of being treated this way.
Original post by ageshallnot
Note that they don't have the power to retract any uni offers.

Thank you for your reply, they said they won’t enter me for the A2 exams then they’ll call the universities which will in turn will retract my offers 😕
Reply 7
It's impossible for them to ''retract'' your offers.

I'd definitely consider taking your exams privately if you find that your sixth form isn't helping. However, think about it for a bit. Like Farhana said, don't just do it because you're angry at them.
Original post by sundae
It's impossible for them to ''retract'' your offers.

I'd definitely consider taking your exams privately if you find that your sixth form isn't helping. However, think about it for a bit. Like Farhana said, don't just do it because you're angry at them.

They also want me to drop a subject and sit in year 12 lessons whilst doing year 13 plus give me extra homework everyday which just puts unnecessary pressure on me. I think it’s best if I leave and get a private tutor
wth they can't do that, they're neglecting you, your brother has just died you need support not to be neglected how do they not understand that?
Reply 10
drop out, do your exams privately and sue em
Maybe they’re merely false threats to force you to work harder because the only instance schools can kick students out is in case of bad/violent behaviour which isn’t your case
You sixth form is lying to you. I would be a private student if I were you, that way when you pass your exams with flying colours they can’t take credit for your hard work :smile: I really hope all goes well, you have time to turn this around. I’m sorry you’re going through such a tough time and are in such a horrible environment, some people just shouldn’t be teachers x
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending