The Student Room Group

I'm an ex muslim, AMA

I stopped being a Muslim a long time ago, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

why did u stop being a muslim?
why should we care??
Do people look at you negatively for leaving? Does this cause any problems? Do you currently follow any other religion? Do you miss anything from being Muslim? Sorry for so many!
Reply 4
Original post by R.Lunat
why did u stop being a muslim?

Well, ever since I was younger, I was raised with the mindset that all non-muslims are disgusting and will burn in hell. I had access to the internet at a young age and I met so many lovely people that were non-muslims, and the thought of having to hate them seemed so wrong.

Secondly, I was forced to wear a headscarf. It sounds like nothing, but it made me feel like crap wearing it. Eventually, I stopped wearing it and my extended family stopped talking to me. Female bodies were treated as being disgusting, as well. It was just so many factors.
Being an ex Muslims is the trend these days

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
what is your favorite type of pasta ?
Reply 7
Original post by centraltrains
Do people look at you negatively for leaving? Does this cause any problems? Do you currently follow any other religion? Do you miss anything from being Muslim? Sorry for so many!

Honestly, I haven't told any of my family members that I don't believe in Islam. Well, I've told my mum and my brother. My mum kind of just refuses to believe it, and thinks I don't mean it. Her response is typically 'Don't say that!'. My brother doesn't really care. So no, it doesn't really cause that many problems. The only 'problem' I have is when I'm debating about equality with my uncles/aunts and they just reply with "Well it's in our religion", which immediately shuts me up.

Honestly, I think I'm agnostic, rather than atheist. I do believe there's some sort of God/higher power, but I'm just not entirely sure.

Honestly, I don't really miss anything from being Muslim.
An ex muslim, a bitcoin holder and someone who got 14 A*s walk in to the bar. Who says what they are first?
Reply 9
Original post by the bear
what is your favorite type of pasta ?

I'm not a fan of pasta, lmao. I think that's just mainly because I can't cook. Every time I try to make pasta, it tastes like crap.
Now that you're an ex Muslim in the future would you marry a Muslim or not?
Inb4 this thread gets 500 replies
Original post by FloralLuxe
An ex muslim, a bitcoin holder and someone who got 14 A*s walk in to the bar. Who says what they are first?

The bartender, who’s vegan.
I saw some really interesting videos on being an ex Muslim.
Whilst I don't believe this is mist cases and a minority some people are constantly threatened fir leaving sometimes even attacked. Do you have any experience like this
Original post by Anonymous
Now that you're an ex Muslim in the future would you marry a Muslim or not?

Preferably not. I mean if I really liked someone, maybe. But I'd just prefer not to.
Original post by cat_mac
The bartender, who’s vegan.

Crap, how can i forget the vegan one? 😂😂
Original post by Yukikobestgirl
I saw some really interesting videos on being an ex Muslim.
Whilst I don't believe this is mist cases and a minority some people are constantly threatened fir leaving sometimes even attacked. Do you have any experience like this

I've also heard of people being threatened for leaving. That's mainly why I haven't told anyone. I was brought up surrounded by lots of Muslims, so honestly, I don't even know how to bring it up.
Did you only leave because of how the media portrays Muslims?
Reply 18
What's your opinion on Lynx Africa deodorant?
Reply 19
You're about to get 500 replies
Congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending