The Student Room Group

retail experience

I have been searching jobs (17 years old) such as Waterstone and rymans but when i search up their cv form it asks questions on your retail experience; however i have none so i was wondering if anyone got a job without having any experience.
Original post by Maysoun_x
I have been searching jobs (17 years old) such as Waterstone and rymans but when i search up their cv form it asks questions on your retail experience; however i have none so i was wondering if anyone got a job without having any experience.

You can get jobs at places without experience, its just a bit harder.
Places like mcdonalds take on a lot of students, maybe give them a try. Other places that seem to take on a lot of students (e.g. subway, restaurants etc) might be worth a try.
Is there anyone you know who has any vacancies at their place of work that would be suitable? In some instances its not what you know its who you know.
Volunteering for a while will give you the retail experience you need
Reply 3
Original post by bones-mccoy
Volunteering for a while will give you the retail experience you need

did not think about that thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
You can get jobs at places without experience, its just a bit harder.
Places like mcdonalds take on a lot of students, maybe give them a try. Other places that seem to take on a lot of students (e.g. subway, restaurants etc) might be worth a try.
Is there anyone you know who has any vacancies at their place of work that would be suitable? In some instances its not what you know its who you know.

i dont think im cut out to work at restaurants mainly because i wanted to work at a quiet place like a bookstore/ stationary shop but i didnt think about looking for a job that people i know are working at so ill try that too thank you.
Original post by Maysoun_x
i dont think im cut out to work at restaurants mainly because i wanted to work at a quiet place like a bookstore/ stationary shop but i didnt think about looking for a job that people i know are working at so ill try that too thank you.

You may surprise yourself. I certainly didnt think i was cut out to work in a fast food place like mcdonalds. But i was there for 9 years.
hi, im 16 and got my first job over summer. i had 6 months volunteering experience cause of dofe so id say definitely volunteer as another post said.

Quick Reply

Latest