The Student Room Group

Yr11 GCSE ‘blog’

Hey all just so that after my gcses i could look back on this im starting a blog where i will post every week!
So here is a little bit about myself
I am 16.
The subjects I am taking are:
Maths, English and all three sciences. History, French, Rs and Business Studies.
My predicted grades are 6s, mostly 7s and a couple of 8s but what i hope to get are mostly 7s and 8s in the subjects i excel at.
What i want to study at A levels is Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and maybe Psychology/Sociology.
Further on in uni i’d like to study medicine- the unis i hope to go to are either Bristol, Cambridge or UCL.
I think that’s all really so far ahah.
I’d love to know more about you all - maybe tell me about your subjects, what you want to do in the future, etc...
Original post by imanwarsamee
Hey all just so that after my gcses i could look back on this im starting a blog where i will post every week!
I am 16.
Maths, English and all three sciences. History, French, Rs and Business Studies.
My predicted grades are 6s, mostly 7s and a couple of 8s but what i hope to get are mostly 7s and 8s in the subjects i excel at.
What i want to study at A levels is Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and maybe Psychology/Sociology.
Further on in uni i’d like to study medicine- the unis i hope to go to are either Bristol, Cambridge or UCL.
I’d love to know more about you all - maybe tell me about your subjects, what you want to do in the future, etc...

oooh good luck with this year:smile:
I'm doing maths, English, three sciences, French, music,history, mandarin Chinese and additional maths.
Wow your a-levels look interesting, why do you want to do them/medicine?
Again, good luck:biggrin:
Original post by Toastiekid
oooh good luck with this year:smile:
I'm doing maths, English, three sciences, French, music,history, mandarin Chinese and additional maths.
Wow your a-levels look interesting, why do you want to do them/medicine?
Again, good luck:biggrin:

awh thank you so much :smile: So do yours wow if i had the chance i would swap french for mandarin anyday!
And thank you, well i’ve always wanted to be a doctor just different kinds literally i went from wanting to be a paediatrician to a psychiatrist to an anaesthesiologist but now i just want to be a doctor mainly because i find people and our body so interesting you know? Like its interesting how much our body is capable of... ahah im not gonna go on for too long but thats why i picked biology and chemistry and the reason why i picked english literature is because i love reading and english is a subject ive always loved and did well at. What about you? Have you thought about your A-Levels?
(edited 6 years ago)
awh thank you so much :smile: So do yours wow if i had the chance i would swap french for mandarin anyday!
And thank you, well i’ve always wanted to be a doctor just different kinds literally i went from wanting to be a paediatrician to a psychiatrist to an anaesthesiologist but now i just want to be a doctor mainly because i find people and our body so interesting you know? Like its interesting how much our body is capable of... ahah im not gonna go on for too long but thats why i picked biology and chemistry and the reason why i picked english literature is because i love reading and english is a subject ive always loved and did well at. What about you? Have you thought about your A-Levels?

French is still awesome:h:
That sounds so cool:wink: the human body is freaking amazing!
oooh which books do you like reading? (I’m always looking for recommendations!)
I’m thinking of doing maths, f.m and physics though I tend to change my mind every few months with my choices. I have actually managed to stick with the idea of doing these ones though for a few months:tongue:
I have no idea what I’m going to do in the future though:biggrin:
Original post by Toastiekid
French is still awesome:h:
That sounds so cool:wink: the human body is freaking amazing!
oooh which books do you like reading? (I’m always looking for recommendations!)
I’m thinking of doing maths, f.m and physics though I tend to change my mind every few months with my choices. I have actually managed to stick with the idea of doing these ones though for a few months:tongue:
I have no idea what I’m going to do in the future though:biggrin:

Not as awesome as mandarin :smile:)
And yeah thank you it really is!
Right now im reading lovely bones by alice sebold, it is such a great book i love it! And wow I recon with subjects like that for a levels you won’t have trouble so dont worry, ahhh if only i was good at maths 😭
Hey Im doing English Lit English Lang Maths Combined Science Classics Italian Spanish Drama Geography and I also did BTEC food level 1
Not as awesome as mandarin :smile:)
And yeah thank you it really is!
Right now im reading lovely bones by alice sebold, it is such a great book i love it! And wow I recon with subjects like that for a levels you won’t have trouble so dont worry, ahhh if only i was good at maths 😭

oh my gosh the lovely bones is amazing, I read it over the summer and was blown away:h:
good luck! :tongue:
So hey y’all I am back for my weekly update (not that many people care to read but really im just doing this so that i could look back on it after my exams)
So today has been a productive day, i stayed in the library for 5 hours and a half and i revised a lot of chemistry and maths as i have my chemistry and maths exams the following week.
And umm well unfortunately i had a little fight with my mum, it was not really a fight but her taking her anger out on me well...
So, these past few months my mum and dad split up (i have no problem with that as long as they are happy) however, it became a bigger problem and well i dont really want to get into that. So yeah and well my mum overworks a lot due to the fact she has to provide for us as shes basically a single mother now and well since i went to the library i couldnt babysit my sister so she told me to drop her off to the neighbours (its a somali thing, i think). Fast forward to half an hour ago she started telling me that me and my brother dont help her at all but ive told her that im trying my best to help as much as i can whilst revising and then she said and i quote, ‘im not ****ing dumb i know you have exams’ and the thing is i was just trying to tell her that i have exams so i cant help her as much but she basically exploded on me and told me to get out.
The thing is i am really tired because ever since her lives basically turned **** shes being saying that she feels like killing herself, sending us to social services and that we dont help her but i try so ****ing hard but i also want to do rlly well for my gcses so im stuck rn. I dont know whether to tell her everything thatve ive written or bottle it up because if i tell her im going to tear up and i dont want to cry infront of her a cause a burden as she already has many things to take care of... Idk im just tired of the constant fighting between my parents, her saying hurtful things and me having to laugh it off and trying to juggle exams and problems at home... im just really tired of everything and i want it all to end.
I am 16.

Currently studying in Sixthform, with 7A*s and 3 9s to my name, in addition to a 98% scholarship to Harrow School. The best advice I can provide you, is enjoy the journey since life is full of unpredictabilities. However, it is important to note that you follow your a subject which you find engaging and enjoyable at the same time, a common clliche response; although don't overwork yourself, considering lfie provides a plethora opportunities, which you control. Only "You have the power to control your own destiny", not an entity or others, just you, so make it count.
Original post by Science99999
Currently studying in Sixthform, with 7A*s and 3 9s to my name, in addition to a 98% scholarship to Harrow School. The best advice I can provide you, is enjoy the journey since life is full of unpredictabilities. However, it is important to note that you follow your a subject which you find engaging and enjoyable at the same time, a common clliche response; although don't overwork yourself, considering lfie provides a plethora opportunities, which you control. Only "You have the power to control your own destiny", not an entity or others, just you, so make it count.

Wow you did so well ahhh hopefully i have the same outcome as you and thank you thats true i guess its also due to the outcome of my exams so we will see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending