The Student Room Group

Why are fat girls so giggly?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OliviaMH00
Please could you explain the relevance of that to this discussion?

I don’t quite understand the question you are asking. Or if that is even a question.

if you don't understand my post in relation to your point then you have interesting levels of comprehension, or you're just choosing to avoid my response altogether.
Original post by stirkee
Whilst the thread is clearly a stupid one, I don't see how its a problem to look at someone who is fat, and call them fat?

Fat shaming is a different thing, but calling a fat person fat is akin to calling a lamp a lamp... its just the truth.

If you were self conscious about your weight how great would it make you feel to hear someone call you fat?
Reply 42
Original post by Bang Outta Order
True when the family is a herd of elephants, teaching unhealthy eating habits smh

I was a chubby kid cos of what my mum fed me but then I bulked up as a teen, Im not gonna learn fatness.

That is... bang out of order
Original post by Joel 96
if you don't understand my post in relation to your point then you have interesting levels of comprehension, or you're just choosing to avoid my response altogether.

No Joel, I am simply asking you to explain yourself as your post made no sense whatsoever.

If I was ignoring/avoiding your response, I wouldn’t have replied to it.
Maybe its just a coincidence and your canister of nitrous oxide has sprung a leak
Original post by tooschool4cool
I see people of many various sizes on the daily but I appreciate that it's not my business what their weight is and that we should not be judging them or categorising them based on the way they look.

hey man, i detest people who laugh at others or publicly shame someone based on their weight, but you're obviously gonna judge someone if they're 3+ stone over what they should be. how you judge is up to you; i prefer to keep my thoughts to myself, but if they asked for my opinion, i'd advise them to get help.
Reply 46
It's the impact fat has on you

Kinda like how fat people tend to have clogged voices, it's because they've got a lot of fat squeezing down on their voice box, likewise they have a lot of fat on the brain which leads to ditziness and everything is funny to them. Not just fat chicks, fat guys are equally and annoyingly very jolly. You see tons of them down the pub, all like Jays dad from the Inbetweeners, every sentence finished with a fat belly laugh
No Joel, I am simply asking you to explain yourself as your post made no sense whatsoever.

If I was ignoring/avoiding your response, I wouldn’t have replied to it.

"If a person, Male or Female isn’t happy with a part of their body, it is up to them if they want change it.

It has nothing to do with anyone else."

I stated that a hypothetical concerning an underweight or overweight teenager who's health is at risk due to their weight has everything to do with the parents.
Original post by Nerry
That is... bang out of order

how
Maybe you only notice it with fat girls because you’re judging them more. Most girls are pretty giggly lol ☺️☺️☺️
Original post by cat_mac
Because it’s something I do! I don’t even realise and someone i’m talking to is like “why do you laugh at everything I say?” :woo:

I’d assume most ‘fat girls’ have insecurities about their weight so I think it’s just something shy girls do in general.

(I’m also a Jedi.)

wait.you're fat?

#FatJedi?
Original post by tooschool4cool
If you were self conscious about your weight how great would it make you feel to hear someone call you fat?

With all due respect, if being fat meant I was self conscious about my weight... then I would lose weight. Hardly difficult logic.

We can say all we like that its okay to be fat, its fine to eat yourself into obesity, don't worry you're beautiful just how you are, etc. But the fact is that being fat is not healthy, and a lot of people (myself included) find fat people unattractive. People cannot choose to be fat through their lifestyle, life choices etc and then get upset when others call them what they are.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Joel 96
"If a person, Male or Female isn’t happy with a part of their body, it is up to them if they want change it.

It has nothing to do with anyone else."

I stated that a hypothetical concerning an underweight or overweight teenager who's health is at risk due to their weight has everything to do with the parents.

Ah, I understand now that you’ve worded it that way.

Now please explain to me what the hell this has to do with the conversation that we were having beforehand.

Also, I disagree.

Sometimes, it has to do with illnesses; e.t.c.

Although, I do agree that Parents have a role to play in ensuring that their child eats healthily.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
wait.you're fat?

#FatJedi?

Nah but I am anxious af :unsure:

I’d rather be fat and confident than slim and insecure tbh!
Ah, I understand now that you’ve worded it that way.

Now please explain to me what the hell this has to do with the conversation that we were having beforehand.

Also, I disagree.

Sometimes, it has to do with illnesses; e.t.c.

Although, I do agree that Parents have a role to play in ensuring that their child eats healthily.

with all due respect, i don't really care about the conversation you were having beforehand. i saw you make a clear statement, and i wanted to counter it with my own thoughts on the matter.

you implied that body autonomy (it's my body, i can do what i want with it) applies to those with weight problems in your quote, "It has nothing to do with anyone else". i think that's pretty dangerous. most of these people, like you said, have illnesses (both mental and physical) and need assistance/guidance from those around them. if you're a parent and you're watching your child try to walk around with weak bones due to their undernourishment, or high body fat due to their obesity, then you're gonna wanna intervene. it's selfish to say "it's my body" when you're causing all the harm in the world to those around you, who have to watch you slowly die due to your own choices.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Joel 96
with all due respect, i don't really care about the conversation you were having beforehand. i saw you make a clear statement, and i wanted to counter it with my own thoughts on the matter.

you implied that body autonomy (it's my body, i can do what i want with it) applies to those with weight problems in your quote, "It has nothing to do with anyone else". i think that's pretty dangerous. most of these people, like you said, have illnesses (both mental and physical) and need assistance/guidance from those around them. if you're a parent and you're watching your child try to walk around with weak bones due to their undernourishment, or high body fat due to their obesity, then you're gonna wanna intervene.

To be honest, I do understand the point you are making, and it is a good one.

I didn’t see the relevance and I’m still not sure I do, particularly as I stated that the parents do have a role to play in the nutritional welfare of their children.

The conversation beforehand was referring the the original post, and that is why your comment didn’t chime with me.

However, I do understand your point and thank you for the input :smile:
Original post by cat_mac
Nah but I am anxious af :unsure:

I’d rather be fat and confident than slim and insecure tbh!

what're you nervous about?

Id rather be slim and insecure lol fat aint fun
To be honest, I do understand the point you are making, and it is a good one.

I didn’t see the relevance and I’m still not sure I do, particularly as I stated that the parents do have a role to play in the nutritional welfare of their children.

The conversation beforehand was referring the the original post, and that is why your comment didn’t chime with me.

However, I do understand your point and thank you for the input :smile:

no problemo, thank you too.
Reply 58
Original post by angelike1
it is pretty messed up when they raise their children as fat

When you’re raised as being fat, switching to a healthy lifestyle actually feels better like you get this sense of empowerment that those with a naturally healthy diet wouldn’t understand
Fat girl here.
I'm quiet and kinda sombre most of the time. Even when talking to people, I don't really laugh that much even if my friends are laughing together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending