The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

University of Suffolk applicants 2018!

Please share what course your hoping to do, whether you've applied, where your coming from etc etc :smile:

I'll be doing Psychology and Early Childhood Studies, I've accepted my offer! And I'm coming from Chippenham, Wiltshire

:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilymay2018
Please share what course your hoping to do, whether you've applied, where your coming from etc etc :smile:

I'll be doing Psychology and Early Childhood Studies, I've accepted my offer! And I'm coming from Chippenham, Wiltshire

:smile:

Im a first year ECS student at Suffolk, feel free to ask me questions if you have any :smile:
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Im a first year ECS student at Suffolk, feel free to ask me questions if you have any :smile:

what do you think about the uni overall? I have an unconditional but they are 129th out of 129...

but guardian list them as 47/100 for my course area, better than the other couple unis ive applied to
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mevva
what do you think about the uni overall? I have an unconditional but they are 129th out of 129...

but guardian list them as 47/100 for my course area, better than the other couple unis ive applied to

The main reason they're 129th is because they're still quite new and therefore not that well known.

The waterfront is really nice and so are majority of the people there. The uni itself isnt amazing but its alright.

What course did you apply for? Also, how far away is the uni to you?
Reply 4
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
The main reason they're 129th is because they're still quite new and therefore not that well known.

The waterfront is really nice and so are majority of the people there. The uni itself isnt amazing but its alright.

What course did you apply for? Also, how far away is the uni to you?

History & Applied Sociology

The university 3hrs away by car from me, but as I'm an independent it doesnt matter much.

It's kinda either Man Met or Suffolk - the accomodation does look really great, its just the 70% female to male ratio and the low rankings which seem a bit jarring. Guardian did rate Suffolk above Man Met in my subject area.
Original post by mevva
History & Applied Sociology

The university 3hrs away by car from me, but as I'm an independent it doesnt matter much.

It's kinda either Man Met or Suffolk - the accomodation does look really great, its just the 70% female to male ratio and the low rankings which seem a bit jarring. Guardian did rate Suffolk above Man Met in my subject area.

I live at home so im not sure what the accommodation is like. Have you been here before? The area is quite nice and town centre isnt far either.

If it helps, I actually had a sociology module and the two sociology lecturers i had were really good at teaching. They were enthusiastic and made lectures interesting.

In terms of the 70% female to male ratio, i didnt even know until you said. Tbh you dont really notice it.
Original post by mevva

Hi Meva - the University of Suffolk is a relatively new institution. We were established in 2007 with our degrees previously being accredited by UEA and Essex. We achieved University status last year in August and because of this the league tables do not reflect our data since becoming a fully independent university.

There are a number of other important measures to use when choosing to study at a University. For Suffolk these include:
14th in the UK for academic experience (according to the THE Student Experience Survey 2017)
22 best university in the UK as voted for by students in the Whatuni Student Choice Awards (2017)
95% of our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating (DLHE survey, students who graduated in 2016)
10 courses ranked top in the UK NSS 2017

It is a very confusing area when looking at the different league tables to compare Universities. When I chose to study at Suffolk the University did not even appear in any league tables! So I looked at more at sites like WhatUni which gave reviews of the University written by current students.

I lived in Athena Hall whilst I studied at the University of Suffolk and would thoroughly recommend it. Its on campus and it is really easy to make friends in there.
- Andrew
Reply 7
I've got an unconditional offer to study Bioscience which I have firmed :h:
FdA leading to BA Supporting Inclusive learning, Year 2 entry. All confirmed.

I live in Lowestoft and a Sea Cadet Instructor.. oh and I'm blind with a guide dog owner.
Reply 9
I've applied to study Diagnostic Radiography. I had an interview in January so waiting on a decision. Fingers crossed I get an offer.
Update, got a conditional offer 👍
Original post by muffin69

how was the interview like what kind of questions were you asked?
Original post by iiarkhamknightii
how was the interview like what kind of questions were you asked?

The interview was 3 seperate stations. As long as you know your personal statement and the skills of a radiographer you'll be fine.
Original post by muffin69

That's great, well done!!! Good luck with your exams and we'll see you in September!
Hey, what would you suggest getting before moving into Athena hall.

(I've booked a silver ensuite in the D block)
Original post by loyiso.m
Hey, what would you suggest getting before moving into Athena hall.

(I've booked a silver ensuite in the D block)

Hi, I'm the Digital Ambassador for the University of Suffolk, and am living in Athena Hall at the moment. What I'd recommend is waiting before buying kettles, toasters etc because you can end up having 4 different ones in a flat kitchen! (not ideal!)
This website has a good list of things to bring:

https://www.unibaggage.com/blog/what-to-take-to-university-the-ultimate-packing-list/

Don't worry if you forget something, it's only a 10 minute walk into town!

Hope this helps!
I've got an unconditional offer for Radiotherapy and Oncology which I've accepted, moving into A Block in Athena Hall from Peterborough!👍
i’m moving into b block doing diagnostic radiography, do you have facebook or anything so i can get to know you?
have you accepted it, i’m starting the same course in september!
Original post by BlondeHobbit98
I've got an unconditional offer for Radiotherapy and Oncology which I've accepted, moving into A Block in Athena Hall from Peterborough!👍

do you have facebook or anything so i can get to know you, im also moving into athena hall, doing diagnostic radiography though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending